Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800C soundbar and sub woofer

(Topic created on: 16-11-2023 09:07 PM)
Anton591
Apprentice
Options

Having read loads of reviews regarding the above, in particular the sub, I just can't get any volume out of my sub. I've already sent one back, but this second one is the same. There's hardly any thundering, or any, bass coming from the sub. I've tested the sub with YouTube tracks where the video is nothing but a bass sound. It works fine then. But during action films, like those on Netflix, hardly any bass at all. It all comes out of the soundbar. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
I went from 800B to 800c and thought mine was broken due to minimal bass. I think the Sub handles less low frequency now because when it wants to be bassy Jesus I can hear it from my office. I've found sound under about 12 also kills it.
Anton591
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.

I think I've solved it. See the reply below I gave to another poster with the same problem

My reply -

'Try turning down the volume on the soundbar to -6 for each speaker. Then turn up the TV volume. You should then hear sound from the  sub.  

You won't hear voices just deep bass sounds. Try YouTube and search for subwoofer test. Then play that video. Your sub will lift off the floor!!"

leoncloud
First Poster
Options

Bro what do you mean by

1)'turn down the volume on the soundbar to -6 for each speaker'. Do you mean channel for side , center and front speaker? 

2) 'Then turn up the TV volume. You should then hear sound from the  sub.' Do you mean the actual soundbar/tv volume? 

What's the best setting to get bassy sounds out of 800c? I feel the bass is kinda weak for 800c 

0 Likes
Anton591
Apprentice
Options

Yes. Turn the volume down for each channel to -6 but +6 for sub-woofer. 

As you've now turned down the volume on the soundbar you need to turn up the volume on the TV to compensate for the low volume on the soundbar. Turning up the TV volume will increase the sound on the soundbar. However, the sub-woofer will be louder as the setting is +6. 

It's not the best sub-woofer but any soundtrack with a decent bass does sound good. My floor vibrates. 

View a YouTube for bass testing!!

0 Likes