Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:19 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

Go to solution
304 REPLIES 304
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@Pipes   which one did you get? 

I was thinking to rip that thing apart and transplant my own amp at some point but then came to my senses that it ain't worth it. I like the compact body and speaker quality, but the software is the letdown.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Nothing wrong with it. Have had no issues. Just because your having issues does not mean poor software.

Most think it  works great and it's only thr minority reporting issues 

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@denodan i am very happy for you :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

Sb46514-f6 this is a great sound bar fantastic sub... Night modes

.. Volume leveling, cromecsst, much cheaper than the ***** q90.

0 Likes
Buzzie
Student
Options

My 90r was set to shop6 so I changed the setting to NG and wow what a difference on my 90r. The sub now has a heartbeat of proper bass frequency and a noticeable channel separation of sound front and back that was not there when the setting was set on Shop6. 

I run my set-top box and Xbox directly  HDMI 1 and 2 input then out to my Samsung 9500 series via One Connect HDMI. I do not use the tv HDMI ARC account I don't need it as the 90r input is handling the audio frequency correctly not the TV settings. 

For those that have an Xbox input directly into the 90r like I have above check the "Allow Passthrough" via settings- general- volume & audio output- advance- Allow Passthrough.

This let's the 90r handle the sound formats not the Xbox. I noticed a huge difference especially in Dolby Atmos.

All the above works nicely for my setup with using the NG hopefully you're setups. 

Blair

0 Likes
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

What do you mean with shop6 and Ng

0 Likes
Buzzie
Student
Options

Go to page 23 for the explanation of NG and Shop6

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Have to hold down volume button with power off till the shop6 option comes on, then the only way to change it is with the remote, navigation buttons, up on it. Csnnot change it without remote

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Found in every way setting shops to shopNG get your dolby atmos back again going through soundbar, even ordinary TV is working better.

On Xbox click bypass and miles better, even my nvida shield. Its like a higher quality soundbar.

I had lost dolby digital through TV and was stuck on pc, now got back pcm, dolby digital abd dolby plus as options in sound.

Anyone who has lost dolby digital through TV Netflix change to shop NG

denodan
Navigator
Options

I think updates, reset system back to shop6. 

0 Likes