Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will USB-C earphones damage the charging port?

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 06:50 AM)
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
I recently lost my Galaxy Buds Live so I've had to fall back on the USB-C AKG earphones that came with my s20, now I know they wouldn't ship these earphones if they could damage the charging port but I'm just super worried that's all, I can't seem to find an answer on google.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Welshy-a53-5G: Please don't worry, as not only is AKG a reputable brand, the headphones are USB-C, and compatible with your Galaxy S20. If you'd like some further peace of mind then please head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > USB connection, then connect your AKG headphones. If this doesn't flag any issues, then it's safe to assume that the headphones are fine to use, and won't have a negative impact on your USB port. 

Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
Thank you very much! I'll check in Diagnostics now!
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Never had any issues with the USB C type AKG earphones from the box. As long as it came from the original box then you're good but just to add... Be very careful where you buy them from loose... There are fakes and copies still of these.
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I always make sure the products I buy are genuine, thank you!
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I've been using my original akg with my s20 ultra from day one, still going strong
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
That's a relief to hear, thank you!
0 Likes
Options
Main way to damage the charging port, is to have a cable connected when you drop it, and it lands on that part.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
I usually never drop my phone so I should be good then, thank you!
0 Likes