Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge not showing SD card - may have killed it

(Topic created on: 21-05-2017 12:39 AM)
TaintedeX
First Poster
Options

I recently got a s7 edge, having upgraded from the Honor 8, and have yet to get the s7 edge to recognise the sd card. The SD card is a Samsung 32 GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card and the S7 edge model number is SM-G935F. The phone is only 3 weeks old.

The SD card worked perfectly in both my previous phones - OnePlus 2 and Honor 8. I have attempted to get the SD card to mount several times and I have also inserted it into my PC, laptop, etc and it just won't show. I think the phone may have killed the card. I hope not, but I don't see any other explanation just now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Does the card show when inserted back into a previous phone it worked with ?

If it doesn't then the Sd card may have just failed and isn't in connection with inserting it in your new phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TaintedeX
First Poster
Options

I don't have the old handset as I passed it on to a friend when I got the s7. It was working fine in the old handset up until I swapped it immediately across to the s7 to set it up as I had saved a back-up onto the sd card. It hasn't worked from that point onwards, despite trying it in several different devices.

Joe
0 Likes
TaintedeX
First Poster
Options
I have contacted Samsung support. They now have all the details of the card, phone and possible cause. I am waiting to hear back from them on the likely cause and how we move forward. In the meantime, can anyone recommend a good fast memory card for the S7 edge, hopefully one which will last longer than a year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe
Joe
0 Likes
henri2398
First Poster
Options

Follow the below tips to fix issue

Sometimes, the SD card is OK but there might be issue with the phone, So just simply reboot the phone or Switch OFF and Switch ON the phone and see if problem is solved or not.

If that does not work, then you can format the SD card and then re-insert the card into the card slot and check if it is working.

For more solution to fix unreadable SD card, please check out: How to Fix Blank SD Card Without Computer