Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this charger fake?

(Topic created on: 11-06-2023 05:11 PM)
Noor Alhuda
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone

I bought this charger that I think might be fake, its model is EP-AT80. The charger seems very light in my hand and the ink of the logos and words typed on it seems fadeable

Screenshot_20230611_180457_Gallery.jpg

20230611_172157.jpg

20230611_172029.jpg

33 REPLIES 33
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Depends where you purchased it from, I'll only buy chargers from Samsung Direct, Amazon (not a reseller) and Argos then you know your purchasing a genuine item.

It's probably impossible to say if it's genuine or not via a picture.
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
All the correct charger markings are there @Noor Alhuda, so I don't think it is a fake at all. When connected to your device does it charge at the correct speed for you?.
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
It could be a fake, fraudsters can often put a new label over the right and make it look real. It's always best to buy from Samsung direct or though a proper phone store.
Noor Alhuda
Journeyman
Options

Tbh I haven't tried it I was afraid it might mess up my battery after reading some reviews. Some said the charger was heating up and stopped working after 4months, for others it stopped charging after a year. Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews and I got played by the high rating of the product so I bought it immediately 😔😔

0 Likes
Noor Alhuda
Journeyman
Options

I bought from a local online store 😞

0 Likes
Noor Alhuda
Journeyman
Options

😔😔 I got played by the high ratings and didn't check the comments of the reviewers 

0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Don't despair as it may be genuine and work well for you. There will always be those giving products negative reviews on Amazon who are not genuine. Often distributors of rival products will do this. I would see how the charger works for you, but don't let it charge up out of eyesight, and definitely not overnight until you can see that it charges at the correct speed with no serious build up of heat involved. I wouldn't ever charge overnight with any charger anyway to be fair. I hope your charger does work well for you, but if it doesn't Amazon are normally very fair with their returns policy.
0 Likes
Noor Alhuda
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for your genuine reply🙏🏻 I applied for a return let's hope they get it back, if they don't I'll have to test it on my phone. I do not charger my phone overnight as well so I agree with you on this point.

Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Good luck to you @Noor Alhuda. I hope you end up with an excellent charger one way or the other. One that gives you years of good service.
0 Likes