Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default storage and micro sd card

(Topic created on: 17-05-2017 12:38 PM)
Pheromone
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Please can anyone advise why it isn't possible to auto save to sd card?

Auto save the following: whatsapp data&files and the same for telegram 

Auto save to sd card updates for apps previously moved to sd card- currently everytine an app updates it's moved back to handset storage????

Every single article on this doest address the issue and skips straight to how to move files to sd card which isn't my question.

Who has the time and desire to move files every week that will change back automatically in days anyway? Seems completely ridiculous. 

I have a Samsung a3 2017 which only has 16gb of internal storage. I have a 64gb sd card also. 

With apps like whatsapp and telegram even after I move data such as pics sent etc. Once I go back in the app all of the automatically 're download into the hansets storage again so I have two sets of this info. Pointless

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pheromone
First Poster
Options

yep thats what i thought.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Okay to cut a VERY long story short it is because of google and the system they use for updates of the apps them self, as google uses a DRM system on apps the only way it will install the update is to the phones direct memory (once there yes you can move it but this is because google has checked it) that's just the way google roles and not a lot can be done about it at the moment. Hope that sheds some light on to it for you :smiling-face: