Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen brightness changes

(Topic created on: 25-04-2023 07:10 PM)
Members_oGv9Upy
Apprentice
Options

The screen brightness of my new Note 9 keeps changing. I set the brightness in settings but as soon as i close the App after about 10 seconds the screen gets darker again. If i re-open the Settings App the "slider" has moved back to where it was before i increased it. If i increase it again and close the App after about 10 seconds it reverts to the darker setting. And so on... I have tried turning off the Adaptive screen setting but as soon as i close the App it turns itself back on.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Is the adaptive brightness enabled ??
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_oGv9Upy: Further to the above, please swipe up from your Home screen and head to Settings > Display. Below the Brightness slider, you should see an option called 'Adaptive brightness'. Toggle this option off, then adjust the slider to your preference, and you should find that the brightness level remains constant.

If the issue persists, head to Settings > Device care > Battery > Power mode > Optimised > Adaptive power saving > Toggle this option off. 

0 Likes
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
Disable Auto brightness
0 Likes
Members_oGv9Upy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply but as i said i have repeatedly turned off the Adaptive brightness setting and every time i close that screen the screen dims again and when i re-open the Display screen its back on and the slider has returned to the low setting. i checked the Adaptive power saving stting and it was turned off. The screen still dims after i have tried to increase it, this makes it virtually unusable in daylight.

0 Likes
Members_oGv9Upy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply but as i said i have repeatedly turned off the Adaptive brightness setting and every time i close that screen the screen dims again and when i re-open the Display screen its back on and the slider has returned to the low setting. i checked the Adaptive power saving stting and it was turned off.

0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
How full is your battery? When the battery is at or below 5% the phone might reduce the brightness by itself 😞 not sure how to prevent this
0 Likes
Members_oGv9Upy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion but the battery is at 100% as i have a charging stand where i keep the phone so its constantly topped up.

0 Likes
Members_oGv9Upy
Apprentice
Options

oes anyone think that a "factory reset" would help? Would i lose all my contacts etc?

0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
I don't know what is happening a solution could be to make a routine to set the brightness level at max every time your battery is charging and half full (or whatever conditions you want to set, but do set some)

Go to settings -> routines
Press the +
Under if
Press the + select battery then select above 50%
Again + under if select charging status charging

Then under THEN
Press + select display '> brightness

Then under when routine ends switch that off

Goof luck

(But that is a sti king plaster)
0 Likes