Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 round circle at the top of screen

(Topic created on: 29-07-2022 08:21 PM)
Tahir_P7
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

I have recently purchased an S21 ultra and at the top of the screen, there is a perfect semi circle showing at all times and is black. This is completely black and doesn't show any of the screen. Is this something I can turn off? Or does it sound like a screen defect?
7 REPLIES 7
Tahir_P7
Apprentice
Options
Here are some pictures 20220729_192447_42043_1659119087.jpg20220729_191709_42041_1659118629.jpg
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It shouldn't be there, it's a defect most likely dead pixels. I would contact where you purchased it from.
AndrewL
Options

@Tahir_P7: If you head to the Phone app, dial *#0*# into the keypad and tap on Red, Green and Blue respectively, does the semi-circle appear in any of these screen tests? If not then, to troubleshoot the issue, please try pressing on the semi circle and dragging it downwards, just in case it is a floating notification that is partially off screen. Alternatively, restart the device, then head to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Floating notifications > Off. I can see that you have the Accessibility button activated, therefore you could also try disabling this feature temporarily to see if you notice an improvement. To do this, head to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced settings > Accessibility button, then tap any options with a tick next to them until the stick figure in the bottom right corner disappears. 

Tahir_P7
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Andrew. I tried all of your suggestions but no luck, still have the same.
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Take this to a samsung service centre. Or speak to samsung.com via chat
0 Likes
Normahn
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution?  I have the same issue, but mine is just a little lower and is a full circle.

0 Likes
zrmoo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I contacted samsung ..no reply. I went to a samsung service centre.  Response was delete all your data and give us your phone  so we can check. I was told Samsung knows of the problem and that it is a software update issue they cant roll back. Ive tried all the solutions from others.. none work.. My black semi circle is on the left of the camera cutout. Samsung should have better customer solutions for problems they create.

0 Likes