Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch stopped tracking my sleep

(Topic created on: 19-09-2019 08:59 AM)
Olius
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Watch completely stopped sleep tracking for the last 2 nights. No records at all. It tracks pulse though as usual. It happen after I restarted the watch because it drained battery at unusually high rate. 

76 REPLIES 76
Darrenwalsh
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah it's weird, but not complaining once she keeps working lol
0 Likes
Hermi11
Apprentice
Options

I did the factory reset (hard reset) and it's working fine again

Parchon
First Poster
Options

Mine stopped working after I got the OneUI 1.5. It records that I've slept 1-2 hours and thats almost every night. Only 2 nights, I got correct sleep stages and its been almost 3 weeks. 

0 Likes
Kiwiguy
Student
Options

If you have recently run an upgrade. From galaxy watch app, advanced settings. Disable theater and good night modes. Also under screen wakeup same menu disable wakeup gesture and touch wakeup. Set timeout to 15sec. Do hard reboot by holding select button for 5+ secs. 

0 Likes
Parchon
First Poster
Options

The modes were disabled. I turned off the wakeup gestures (although, thats a mandatory feature). Screen was set to 15s. I will try tonight and see if it works. Also, is it possible to revert to a previous version of OneUI? When I reset my watch, it still resets it to 1.5 and not to the original one.

0 Likes
Darrenwalsh
Pathfinder
Options

So it's ok up turn it all back in once you do it yeah???

0 Likes
Parchon
First Poster
Options
So it didn't work as expected. Any way to install a version prior to 1.5 ?
0 Likes
GeorgeAlex
First Poster
Options

My watch was delivered on Saturday and the sleep monitoring only worked on Saturday night and then it stopped.

Very frustrating... I am resetting now to factory setup, luckily I don't have much data to lose since I've only had it for 3 days.

0 Likes
Snn5
Apprentice
Options

I've had my watch about three months. Sleep tracking is always worked for me until the past week. It tracks my normal sleep time from start to finish however some nights there's an hour missing. Is like the watch things I'm awake for about an hour every night. Is not the same time every night. unless I'm just up and sleepwalking I cannot explain it and none of my security cameras have caught me wandering around the house.

Samsung's first and only step is to reset any device that is having a problem.

as far as theater mode and gestures and wake up and touch and everything else, I have never disabled any of that. So I'm not sure that sleep or night mode has anything to do with the issue.

but apparently this problem has been going on for other users for a long time. Doesn't look like Samsung is too interested in fixing it. I have not had an update that really fixed anything since I got the watch.

Looks like a lot of the previous posters have just kind of given up. At this point in the game it's pretty much just an extension of my phone's notifications. Until the blood pressure feature can import data from my BP Labs 2.0 into the Samsung Health app that's just a hokie gimmicky feature. that feature does work however is just another step or two once you get through the hot mess that is the BP Labs app.

But I digress.

Met-G
First Poster
Options

Hello, just letting everyone know I had the same issues with my watch, heart rate tracking fine but not sleep reading for 2 nights. I done 3 things  1st was cleaned the sensor 2nd left my watch switched off for 24 hours 3rd is my suspected reason for the fix was update samsung health app on your mobile device. It's now recording sleep again good luck hope this helped.

0 Likes