Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch not counting all steps and floor count not working

(Topic created on: 22-01-2019 06:51 PM)
dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

I cannot believe Samsung still havent sorted the inaccurate step count and floor count!  I messaged them and they said no new update was due! They acted like i was the only one who had this problem. Love the watch but just not fit for purpose when they are quite blatantly ignoring this issue. Come on Samsung sort this out!

22 REPLIES 22
TechSe7en
Student
Options

I also am experiencing this issue with my galaxy watch. Today I did a 5.5 mile walk with 619ft of elevation and only recorded 35 floors. My wife’s Fitbit versa logged 75 floors!

I have installed the latest watch software this evening and reset the cache data as described in one of the posts, I have climbed the stairs back and forth over 5 times and still not recorded a single floor! I have all the latest software updates, what’s going on Samsung?

dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Its so infuritating isnt it?! I love the watch but if they dont fix this its going to have to go back. One way I found to register the floors is if you climb the stairs and then put your arm with the watch on up in the air when you reach the top - ridiculous I know! But its the step count thats always out - I still wear my Garmin viofit as that is accurate and the difference at the end of the day can be 2000 steps! Come on Samsung give us a fix!!

GRam
First Poster
Options
I do the same. But rice the hand up in the air specially in public is uggly. Samsung need to sove this problem.
cuneo13
Student
Options

Trying out the newly released Active smartwatch and It too fails to count stairs. The step count seams accurate enough. Today alone my Garmin vivmovivo tracked 21 flights of stairs while the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active reads "0". I came to a building where they have a night sequence of 19 steps in a row, nope! Earlier this year I would climb the same set of stairs and it would read one flight for each climb while eating the Gear Sport. I hope Samsung either makes a customizable setting or fixes the issue...?IMG_20190323_154913.jpg

O stairs nearly day after day on the Active WatchO stairs nearly day after day on the Active Watch

Garmin vivosport captures 21 more than the Samsung deviceGarmin vivosport captures 21 more than the Samsung device

HAlonsoSerra
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy watch used to count the number of floors I climb everyday at work pretty accurate.  I dont know what happened but since approximately one week ago it stay in "0" no matter how many times I climb tje exact same stairs.

TechSe7en
Student
Options
It would be nice if Samsung at least acknowledged that they where working on a fix!
Stevenwb11
Journeyman
Options

It's not a new issue, it has been the same on other Samsung Watches, Gear, Fit etc. Samsung in their infininte wisdom have decreed that a floor level should be 3 metres. Despite being told many, many times they still persist with this belief. This shows a company that is totally out of touch with its customers views. In the U.K the average floor level is 2.8m so despite all the innovations Samsung have given us in the last decades, which to be honest are world beating, they will not alter the coding if 3m to 2.7m and make everybody happy.

dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE I am now on my 3rd watch -- weirdly the floor count on this one is much better but the step count is even worse than the previous two - admittedly I only do 6-7000 steps on a normal day but it is at least 2500 steps out by the end of the day - its ridiculous! I am wondering if this would be a hardware issue rather than a software update in which case this one will have to go back too. I love the watch but its just not fit for purpose as a fitness watch. Samsung just seem to be ingoring the whole problem! 

cuneo13
Student
Options

How many steps is your flight of stairs at work?

0 Likes