What are you looking for?

annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 
Spring naar oplossing OPGELOST

Oorspronkelijke onderwerp:

Serial number of QE65Q70 TV

(Onderwerp aangemaakt op: 13-09-2019 09:48 AM)
1639 Weergaven
Neel
First Poster
Opties

Good morning, I recently ordered a new Samsung TV. The order mentioned article code QE65Q70RALXXN but the delivered TV has serial code ending on RATXXH. Is there any technical difference in these TV's? What does RAT actually mean instead of RAL? Thanks a lot, Gerben

0 Likes

1 Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Oplossing
DickKoster
MegaStar
Opties

Good morning @Neel , Gerben,

This is not a serial nummer, but the full Model Code of the tv. This not a Benelux Model.

This is a modified foreign tv. Hongarian. The Benelux Model Codes always end on XXN.

If you let me i will tell you a story about this foreign TV.

In the Code the letter H stands for Hungary or some other foreign country.

This is a TV from the so-called 'Grey Import', mostly used for publicity stunts.

Those TV's are modified by the supplier to make them fit for the Dutch/Benelux market.

By modifying the localset of the TV, some funtions will not work on this TV.

Furthermore your warranty can stop by Samsung. Then you only have warranty at your suppier.

If he goes bankrupt,  the the cost for the repairs are for your own cost.

The funniest thing is that you can't make him resposible for doing this, because the import seems to be legal.

This is because in Europe there is a case of Free Market Economy with open borders.

The bad thing about this, is that it is not autorized bij the manifacturing companies and giving the manifacturing companies a bad name. In this case Samsung. Where did you buy this tv? 

If you are within the legal period of fourteen days to change your mind, you can send it back.

So please do to avoid more problems with this tv.

If the Model Code QE65Q70RALXXN is mentioned in the order and they deliver a complete other device, then this is forgery which is punishable.

Please keep me informed..

Groet, Dick
I don't know everything. Just trying to help.

Bekijk de oplossing in de community in het oorspronkelijke bericht

0 Likes
3 Antwoorden
Oplossing
DickKoster
MegaStar
Opties

Good morning @Neel , Gerben,

This is not a serial nummer, but the full Model Code of the tv. This not a Benelux Model.

This is a modified foreign tv. Hongarian. The Benelux Model Codes always end on XXN.

If you let me i will tell you a story about this foreign TV.

In the Code the letter H stands for Hungary or some other foreign country.

This is a TV from the so-called 'Grey Import', mostly used for publicity stunts.

Those TV's are modified by the supplier to make them fit for the Dutch/Benelux market.

By modifying the localset of the TV, some funtions will not work on this TV.

Furthermore your warranty can stop by Samsung. Then you only have warranty at your suppier.

If he goes bankrupt,  the the cost for the repairs are for your own cost.

The funniest thing is that you can't make him resposible for doing this, because the import seems to be legal.

This is because in Europe there is a case of Free Market Economy with open borders.

The bad thing about this, is that it is not autorized bij the manifacturing companies and giving the manifacturing companies a bad name. In this case Samsung. Where did you buy this tv? 

If you are within the legal period of fourteen days to change your mind, you can send it back.

So please do to avoid more problems with this tv.

If the Model Code QE65Q70RALXXN is mentioned in the order and they deliver a complete other device, then this is forgery which is punishable.

Please keep me informed..

Groet, Dick
0 Likes
Neel
First Poster
Opties

Hi Dick, thanks for your answer (dank voor je antwoord).

What do you mean with: This is a modified foreign tv. Hongarian. What is actually modified and which functions could not work? Only CI module or also functions regarding sharpness, display settings, etc etc? You mention By modifying the localset of the TV, some funtions will not work on this TV. Can you give some examples or maybe a full list? TV was bought at TV Reus. I am aware of the grey import article (https://www.totaaltv.nl/nieuws/grijze-import-zorgt-voor-valkuilen-aanschaf-nieuwe-televisie/). At the same time, if the TV is only used with a decoder of Ziggo and the price is significantly lower (as in 500+ eur), why not do it? Thanks for your answers, just trying to understand and learn. Regards, Gerben

0 Likes
DickKoster
MegaStar
Opties

Hi @Neel , Gerben,

I think i've been very clear in my answer. Again: what has been modified is the 'localset' (is country code). Illegal.

Problems you can expect:

• Firstly, a CI + Module. This is only certified for the market on which it is released. There is a chance that CI + works on a TV from abroad, but it is more likely that it will not work if the Model Code of the TV does not end with XXN
  • And then there is the warranty. You can only make a limited claim to the guarantee with a TV from abroad. This will not be a problem for a TV from Belgium, but it will be from Germany. This is because other parts are used in foreign models where at Samsung Netherlands are not available. In the first instance you are entitled to a warranty with the supplier.
  • Then you also have the apps. Possibly the app offer is limited for the Netherlands with a foreign TV. App providers can offer an app in different ways; by region, so the physical location where the TV is located, and by Model Code.

TVreus is on my list with very unreliable suppliers. Lying and deceiving and in this case forgery, which, i've mentioned before, is punishable. Not a nice suplier, don't you think?

Of course, a lower price is attractive, but cheap is usually expensive. It's your choice. These are, and I speak from experience, problem TV's..

Groet, Dick
0 Likes