Support

Open search

Right clicking on Android

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello

I am new to Android as I use a windows laptop with a mouse. Just bought a Galaxy A tablet which is great and although elderly I have manage to set everything up except!..............................................how do I right click on  touch screeen?

Eg. on my laptop I might want to say right click on a photo and send it to say a memory stick or even right click on a you tube video and select the url to send to a downloader - many things. Can I not do this on Android or do I have to set something in settings or download an App (which I do not understand)

Thanks everyone

Gordon

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Moggie 

This answer is for a Galaxy Tab A 2016

Just buy a mouse ... but the right click close the application or the window,  it act like a, back button... or you can select the text with your finger and a window appeared, you just have to select the action you want to do like on the following picture...

Screenshot_20190528-204046_Chrome.jpg

For Youtube, just press on the arrow, it give you many choice like copiing the url link. If you click on the +, it had it to your list for seiing it later, if you click on the 3 dots you can choose the quality outpu and many others thing

Screenshot_20190528-204718_YouTube.jpg

If you buy a mouse, you need the cable adaptor Micro-USB/USB if it is a USB mouse. Sorry for the picture this is a wireless mouse,  the mouse is not attached to the cable...

20190528_203552.jpg

Si j'ai pu vous aider un peu , cliquez sur le POUCE, Si j'ai résolu votre problème cliquez sur « Accepter comme solution » pour aider ceux qui se posent la même question. Merci
I f it help you a bit, click on the THUMB, If I solved your problem click on « Accept as a solution to help those who ask the same question. Thank you
Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks for that. Do not want a mouse for the tablet as it makes it less portable. Have tried holding finger on screen but no window come up!

Is there something else I have to do in settings?

Thanks again

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Moggie 

Hi  Maggie, you can buy a pen with rubber tip in one side, this will help you to select a image

20190530_132127.jpg

Put the rubber tip on your image  (touching the screen)  and let the rubber touching the screen about 5-10 seconds and a small window will open

20190530_125304.jpg

It gives you many choice, register, share, open in a new window

20190530_125352.jpg

The Sharing option gives you many choices on how and where you want to share it

Screenshot_20190530-234410_Android System.jpg

For Youtube, you have to click on one of the following arrow and decide what you want to do

Screenshot_20190530-131144_YouTube.jpg

When you select any text with your pen with the rubber , you have MANY possibilties offered to you, just decide

Screenshot_20190528-204046_Chrome.jpg 

Hope you understand...sorry for my english

Si j'ai pu vous aider un peu , cliquez sur le POUCE, Si j'ai résolu votre problème cliquez sur « Accepter comme solution » pour aider ceux qui se posent la même question. Merci
I f it help you a bit, click on the THUMB, If I solved your problem click on « Accept as a solution to help those who ask the same question. Thank you
Top Liked Authors