Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 audio slightly out of sync when using streaming video apps

(Topic created on: 05-11-2018 09:12 PM)
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Hello to everyone!
Three days ago, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab s4, and coming from the Nexus 10 I was astonished by the speed of the device!
The only thing that bothers me a lot is that whenever I try to watch YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, Facebook videos or any other streaming video app, the audio is out of sync slightly from the video. This happens only when using the tablet speakers or wired headphones, but not with Bluetooth headphones. On Bluetooth the audio sync if perfect. Also playing locally stored files on the tablet itself, the audio sync is perfect regardless of using speakers, wired or Bluetooth headphones.
I've searched and tried everything I could find like, double reset device, latest update, clear apps cache, clear whole tablet cache, disabled stock anti-virus, force gpu rendering on developer options, playing Youtube videos from browser and not the app, and other stuff (all limited to legal actions, NOT rooting, etc) but nothing works!! 

Is this a known issue Samsung? Have other users reported this? Are you planning on solving this with an update?

I'm willing to flash a custom rom on the device (been using LineageOS on my Nexus 10) but can't find anything for Galaxy tab s4. Also I'm afraid to do that because if there is a harware issue then the same will happen if rooted and I would loose the warranty.

Thank you!

37 REPLIES 37
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Let's see what happens... Thanks!

0 Likes
Ice0cold
First Poster
Options

Do you guys think it's worth it to bring the tablet to tech service?

Because Lithuanian Samsung representative told me they could not see the problem on their tablets and offered to bring it to tech service. 

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Ice0cold you have a tablet that doesn't work as it should. I took mine for servicing, what other solution do I have? Wait for a software upgrade? That might never come because our issue might just be too small or affects too few tablets. 

Let's cross fingers that everything is going to go well with servicing :smiling-face:

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

To all moderators, please also checked this thread : 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s4/help/audio-slightly-sync-using-streaming-t3847977

There seems to be an issue with the audio sync of the device in multiple occasions.

AntS
Options

Thanks @sotis_tseles. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Same advice would apply for anyone posting in that thread too: send an error report with log files to their local software team using the Members app (if the Members app isn't available where they are, then I'd advise them to get in touch with their local Samsung Support team for further advice).

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Recent update.

I took it to a Samsung service point and they are deniyng the problem.. They say they don't see anything wrong hardware wise and that the delay is so slight that is barely noticeable by them.. I'm going to wait a couple of months and if nothing changes with a new firmware update I'm going to sell it and get a new one. Samsung honestly I'm very pissed with you and your representatives...

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Any reply from an Administrator??

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @sotis_tseles. We haven't heard any news from our software team on the issue. We will let you know if we do. 

0 Likes
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Yeah I strongly discourage installing a third party rom on the Tab S4 in particular, you'd lose many features that make the device what it is: DeX, Iris Scanning, Dolby Atmos Support, Adaptive Display possibly even HDR.

Don't know about you but I'd hate to lose even one of these features :smiling-face:

0 Likes
theguildsman
Helping Hand
Options

Hello, my tablet is suffering from the very same issue. Please be informed that this is already my second tab s4. I have returned the first one hoping that only one piece was faulty. I was wrong. The problem was present even on a showcase tablet in a store. Altogether I was able to reproduce the issue on 3 devices (wifi versions only). The shop assistant confirmed the issue after I showed him the "no lag phenomenon" on my s9+. Reported the problem through samsung members Poland already two times (with logfile attached). No feedback so far. I am forced to use bt speakers for videos as the lag of roughly 200 ms completely ruins the watching experience. Just search for "audio video sync test 60 fps" on yt and see for yourself.

0 Likes