Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffering issue using netflix/youtube apps on UE43RU7100 (2019) HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (43”)

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 11:41 AM)
kebabkid
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone ... my first post so please be gentle with me!!

I have an issue with my Samsung UE43RU7100 (2019) HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (43”) which I have had for just one month.

Everything was working fine until a week ago. Now I encounter constant buffering when attempting to watch Netflix or YouTube via the apps on the TV.

I should point out that the TV is connected to a BT YouView box.

I gather this is something to do with a compatibility issue between a Samsung TV and the BT YouView box.

Many other Samsung TV owners appear to have had this problem.

In any case, does anyone know of a firmware or software update to fix the problem, otherwise the TV is not fit for purpose.

For what it is worth, I have NO buffering issues when viewing Netflix (or YouTube) via my tablet, which would point the finger of blame at the TV.

A BT engineer has examined my broadband line. There are no faults with it and I have excellent and consistent speed.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @kebabkid and welcome to the Community! Could we take the current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Could you also confirm that the apps you're watching are through the TV's Smart Hub and not through the BT You View box? 

0 Likes