Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was CBS All Access app removed from 2018 model tvs like the 75" NU8000 ???

(Topic created on: 09-08-2018 03:42 AM)
RussFort
First Poster
Options

After reading the press announcements from Decmeber 2017 that CBS All Access was added to 2015, 2016, and 2017 Samsung Tizen SmartTvs,  I am furious to discover that it was not included in the 2018 models released several months later.

Samsung supports only comment was that the NU8000 was "too new" ?!?

Can someone please explain this to me?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RussFort wrote:

After reading the press announcements from Decmeber 2017 that CBS All Access was added to 2015, 2016, and 2017 Samsung Tizen SmartTvs,  I am furious to discover that it was not included in the 2018 models released several months later.

Samsung supports only comment was that the NU8000 was "too new" ?!?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Hi @RussFort,  it might be better to ask this in the US community  -possibly added to 2018 models at later date.  General info you likely seen here     https://tvanswerman.com/2017/12/21/samsung-adds-cbs-all-access-to-smart-tvs/   I have discovered CBS All Access available via Amazon channels at the premium rate  https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/05/cbs-all-access-is-now-available-on-amazon-video/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Snowhound
First Poster
Options

I subscribe to CBS all access through Amazon and my TV's all worked fine up until 3 month's ago, suddenly my bedroom Samsung TV isn't supported so I've been watching my CBS shows on my living room Samsung TV for the last 3 months but last night, that one is no longer supported either! It's because Amazon wants you to buy a firestick so they cut support of smart TV browsers. All I know is that I didn't buy a smart TV just so I would have to also buy a stupid firestick too! And the firestick has creepy Alexa listening in! I'm cancelling CBS all access because I hate being gouged and the ***** these companies do to pick the pocket of the customer! 

0 Likes