Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is causing this light strip down my screen? Model is a QLED 7 series.

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 07:51 PM)
RedDevilMike90
First Poster
Options

95F35A6E-EA73-4726-B62F-2D3771CF49CD.jpeg

I've been getting this lighter area down the left of my screen which also flashes sometimes? Does any know what's causing this and what the fix may be?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @RedDevilMike90! Try doing a Picture Test on the TV: press the Menu button > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Picture Test. The image should be clear and free from any distortion. Is the image clear or still distorted? 

0 Likes
RedDevilMike90
First Poster
Options

Hi Carol,

Tried that and the picture looked fine, but it seems like a strip/panel down the left hand side of the screen has an issue as it's flickering and sometimes even flashes. 

Is my only option to request a repair?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Risinghawk
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same behaviour. A light strip on the 3/4 right side, flashing or steady all the time... 

Is it possible to fix it?

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Okay, can you disconnect all external devices from the TV? Is the issue still there? If so, reset the TV: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. If this doesn't help, it would be best to get in touch with the TV/AV team for further support. You can contact them via Live Chat or by calling the number 0333 000 0333. It is likely that a repair is required on this one though.

0 Likes