Support

Open search

UE49MU6100 firmware update questions

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi,

I am having a 49" MU6100 model, and the firmware is 1270.3 (Greece model)

Lately I cannot see streaming websites (as I have noted before in this forum).  Is there a fix for that? I have set the screen to movie profile, so when I am on the internet, I can see that the profile reverts back to normal, then if the streaming player would play it switches back to the movie profile and the stream plays correctly. I need this to watch online elearning videos.

Also will Apple/Disney+ be available for this model? If not then the streaming issue should be fixed because I would probably use web for viewing the subscription service.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@ditikos wrote:

Hi,

I am having a 49" MU6100 model, and the firmware is 1270.3 (Greece model)

Lately I cannot see streaming websites (as I have noted before in this forum).  Is there a fix for that? I have set the screen to movie profile, so when I am on the internet, I can see that the profile reverts back to normal, then if the streaming player would play it switches back to the movie profile and the stream plays correctly. I need this to watch online elearning videos.

Also will Apple/Disney+ be available for this model? If not then the streaming issue should be fixed because I would probably use web for viewing the subscription service.

Hi @ditikos  Tv Web Browers including Samsung's on the Tizen operating system do not offer the same functionality  as computers.   As a result some audio/video files will not be  playable.   Some further explaination here https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tv-web-browser      Far better for instance  to use the apps for YouTube/Vimeo  (though realise that may not meet all your needs)   The Apple app is only available for selected 2018 models and on 2019 sets   (the  MU6100 is a 2017 model)   https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/23/apple-tv-app-for-samsung-smart-tvs/ 

Disney  Life  does seem to be compatible  (available for models from  2015 onwards running the Tizen system)  Disney Life 

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi @JAMES4578 ,

the problem is that the same streaming services worked prior to this update. Usually it's the free/ad-led streaming services that have this issue.

I reexamined the one I was interested today (paid, udemy) and it kind of worked, but I still don't see to have full functionality as before (mentioned the other services which my clients use for testing). Anyways, will a new firmware be up for the specific model? I see that there is 13xx released for other models.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @ditikos , oh right- may be firmware related.  Have you tried Smart Hub or Facrory  Reset to see if that makes any difference?    It is likely there will be an update in due course.

Top Liked Authors