Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 01-07-2019 07:40 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Booxss
First Poster
Options

A technician is coming this afternoon to replace the panel. All they needed was the pictures provided here to see the fault. I'm an electronics tech, but the first rule of tech work is to establish whose fault it is to fix. Not mine in this case. I find tact and diplomacy and a gently, gently approach work for me. That and an encyclopedic knowledge of applicable consumer Law. The fault appears to me to be a circular reflector behind the led backlighting, detaching from the panel. I will keep the site updated...

Greetings

Terrarium

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Well done, however the inference is that unless you are a techy with an encyclopedic knowledge of consumer law, Samsung customer services will walk all over you. Nothing to do with tact and diplomacy though, its what they can get away with, and it would appear that in your case they felt you knew too much to risk it.

jpechulis
First Poster
Options

Samsung was once atathe top of their game and now 2 years after purchase these circles apear and are getting worse. Samsung why did you only offer a 12 month warranty instead of a 24 month warranty on this product? Did you know that there would be issues with the tv's? I won't be buying another tv from Samsung.... 

0 Likes
DisCus22
Apprentice
Options

47DB46D0-D9E4-4876-AD1A-9038F0023E52.jpegI've had my TV for less than two years and noticed this today. I stopped buying Samsung phones yearsr ago because of screen burn in on their OLED displays. I thought because this TV was LCD I wouldn't have to worry about this sort of stuff, but low and behold. I'm never buying anything from Samsung again. It's absolutely pathetic. I spent hundred of dollars on this TV and it has stopped working in less than two years??? And of course Samsung only gives you a one year warranty -- how convenient. I'm in Canada. Our government allows consumers to be ripped off by these companies and there are no repercussions.

ROBERTM2
Student
Options

This same white circle just started showing up on my 50" Samsung 4K  QED  tv.

It is right in the center of the screen and ruins the picture.

I will never ever buy another Samsung tv again.

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Exactly tbe same fault and tiemscale as mine. It couldnt be planned better to fail just out of warranty. Just dont buy another Samsung.

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options
Yip, what he said ☝️
0 Likes
ROBERTM2
Student
Options

It is exactly like someone is shining a flashlight on my tv screen constantly and I can see the round white "flashlight circle" on every image. 

I have told my family, friends, and co-workers to never buy a Samsung TV because of this problem.

This problem also makes it just about impossible to sell this TV once people see the constant "flashlight circle".

0 Likes
alexbrsp
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my UN43MU6100 purchased a little over 1 year ago. This is why no reseller in Brazil offers more than 1 year warranty on tvs. EVERY single lcd tv I bought since they came out had a problem not over 2 years of use. The other Samsung was a 49KU6300 with a horizontal line after just 3 months of use.

43MU6100 white rings

43MU6100.jpg

0 Likes