Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen mirroring from Windows 10 to Samsung UE40F6510 not working, error "The video data is not supported"

(Topic created on: 07-05-2017 09:49 PM)
GC82
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

hope you can help me solve this issue.

I've trying to cast my Windows 10 laptop's desktop to my Samsung UE40F6510 Smart TV over a WiFi connection. I have correctly added the TV as a Connected device to my laptop. When I set the TV on "Screen Mirroring" and try to connect the laptop to a wireless display, the laptop shows as "connected" on the TV screens, but after a few seconds of "loading" an error message shows up saying "The video data is not supported".

I can successfully cast my smartphone screen to the same TV with no problem. I can also successfully cast my laptop to a different Samsung TV. I have updated all the drivers on the laptop and the TV runs the latest version of the software 2126.

Based on all the tests I have done, I figured that there must an incompatibility between the version of the software running on the TV and Windows 10. 

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? I would be really glad to avoid an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to the TV.

Many thanks for your help!

G

2 REPLIES 2
HIFi
Journeyman
Options
Cast screen will only work for media. You would have to use your tv as a wireless monitor to see your desktop. You will find it in settings..add a wireless monitor. Does depend on the age of your laptop if it has this facility.
Lee8
First Poster
Options

I have just learned that Samsung is an overhyped brand... especially the TV and Audio.

The TV mirroring is attrocious, I cannt connnect because 'Video not spported'... It spins, the Internet connectivity using the browser is extremely bad... slow and unstable... the audio is awful, lack of clarity.. the soundbar that they gave me was even worse...  I cannot connect the sound to my other brand speakers (Bose, Klipsch) , for some reason when I was researching it through, it only recommend Samsung systems... 

I bought a Sony for my bedroom... and it was really effortless.  

Other than using my Samsung as a basic TV, it is an exteremly bad choice, having paid a premium for it.

It has major compatibility problems, forcing you to only buy other Samsung products. 

0 Likes