Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i delete or block bloatware apps on smart tv ?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2018 12:17 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

JunkJunk

As you can see the above apps won't allow me to delete them.

We have strong views about some of these apps and i don't want our family to have to deal with them on our new expensive smart tv.

We wish to delete them all. Specifically the pay for view cinema apps.

Failing that we need to stop the pay for view cinema app from endlessly  playing when you select live tv.

Not everything it shows is to our liking and it's a temptation to make purchases for the family and leads to arguments.  Its eye candy infront of babies.  Seriously wtf samsung.

When I choose live tv I don't want it to default to these junk channels.

Can anyone help us block the automatic viewing or delete them entirely  ?

We certainly didn't pay less for the tv to put up with advertising in our living room which we don't accept on our other devices.

Ps here's a link of samsung claiming all apps can be removed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgnvolFT24

65 REPLIES 65
Danac1
Apprentice
Options
OK, so we are now in 2020 and this problem from 2018 still exists! I want to be able to control my own TV but it has been blocked. I want to delete what I want to delete, this is silly. I would very much appreciate a statement from Samsung about this, do they do that here on the forums?
AEKWLSJFDHBLJBS
Journeyman
Options
YEP, i'M AWARE OF THIS TOO AND TELLING OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT IT.
No more Samsung devices in my home from now on.
AEKWLSJFDHBLJBS
Journeyman
Options
Just done the same myself, thank you. This works folks.
0 Likes
AEKWLSJFDHBLJBS
Journeyman
Options

@SAMSUNG: Seems you are destroying trust built over decades here. Mine is the last TV I will buy from you, I'm not going through this ***** every time I switch on my TV again. You WILL loose business.

0 Likes
AEKWLSJFDHBLJBS
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this.
Mine can be found from the main screen -> navigate to bottom left -> Settings -> Smart Features -> Unclick on the "Autorun Smart Hub" radio button, then use the remote's Return button to exit.
Switch off TV. Switch TV back on. Hit home button, and you should have the ultra f*ing annoying autoplayt background rubbish from ChavTV removed. Bliss.
0 Likes
James22
Apprentice
Options
The can be deleted using the developer menu and a blocklist at your wifi router. Samsung are lying, I will never buy their products again.
Redchez77
Apprentice
Options

I'm reading these posts and becoming increasingly worried that we've made a mistake buying two new Samsung smart TV's. One 9 year old Son has just got his first TV and I'm horrified to see that if you go into the app menu there are adult themed apps being suggested. I cannot find a way to remove these and what is to stop him clicking on them and installing them. At the minute we can control what he watches and when he can use the TV, but that's not the point. I don't want him to see age appropriate content on his TV or in the living room. It seems ludicrous that there isn't an option restrict adult apps.

Options

Anyone managed to get rid of these ads? All i want to do is install 1 single app. I can't beacuse my TV is packed with bloatware which I cant uninstall. It self installed tiktok too. This is disgusting and surely illegal. I will never buy a samsung device again, and i've already bought myself a OnePlus as a phone replacement.

Redchez77
Apprentice
Options

No, no body at Samsung had a clue how to remove them despite my protests. I pointed out it was a child safe guarding issue that they can see adverts and potentially download adult rated apps with no code needed. It’s distrusting. All I got was “it will be fed back” and I wouldn’t get a response from that. It’s like literally like no one had a clue.

0 Likes
bestert
Journeyman
Options

I had a similar problem and had to reflash the TV

0 Likes