Support

Open search

Why is my J6+ so slow?

Highlighted
First Poster

So, I got a Samsung J6 as a work phone. The fact that it was a "budget phone" and worked so well impressed me. So, I gave it to my wife and purcased a J6+ (dual sim) for myself. Not too sure if it was like this on start-up but boy is it slow. Most noticeably with Google Maps. Just to load it will take 10+ seconds when my wife's phone will load almost straight away.

It also has issues when switching to landscape mode and going into certain apps. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @NathanialEssex 

Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Apps > Settings > About device > Software update. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

First Poster
Thanks, but still going slow in certain instances. It's looking more like the J6+ is simply slower than the J6

My phone is j6+ same problem, too slow when i am using application, seach contact and Message even up to dated software.

First Poster

I done a complete reset of my phone and the problem is still there. It's very noticiable when using my wife's J6 (not the plus) which just runs so smoothly. 

I totally get your point sire! The galaxy j6+ is so much of a slow device cos i own one myself and my dad owns the J6 which runs smoothly,my j6+ is nothing compared to the j6 performance,even when performing the smallest task you could with a smartphone it still runs so slow....Samsung should please do something about it for us who own it it's totally unfair and absurd i believe...I'm so sad especially considering the fact that i can't afford a newer phone😅...it's sad using something this big and extremely slow 

First Poster
Can you do screen mirroring? This is another feature I don't seem to have with this phone. So disappointed.
Top Liked Authors