Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Pattern Lock is not working anymore!

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 06:19 PM)
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I have a S8  (bought new) for long time, and today, sundely Pattern lock stop working always says "Incorrect Patter Draw". I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, as it is the same I have on other device. Consider this:

• I do have fingerprint working, wich enables me to use the phone for now
  • Can't change any security setting as it also asks for pattern unlock
  • Phone has boot protection also with pattern lock, which may lock me down if phone restarts
  • My screen has an old fissure, but not only it has been always working fine, as I can see pattern being correctly desing on screen as I try to unlock and last, using built in  option (*#0*#) or with test apps, touch screen seems to be with no flaws

I read about similar issues on S7, people saying it did unlock after many trial or after a reboot (which I'm afraid as I also have pattern lock on boot). Why is this happening? How can I overcame it? Is Factory Reset my only option?
63 REPLIES 63
mkalat
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem right now also, it is not recognising the pattern lock I am using even though I know it is the right one. tried unlocking through samsung account but it is saying remote unlock is off. How did you restart as it is saying that my I need pattern lock to restart also??? Am desperate as don't want to reset factory settings 😞

0 Likes
Naktin
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, I believe the only thing you can do now is to reset the factory settings. 😕

0 Likes
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options
Maybe you did not activate this option on your samsung account, has it has separate permission that you may or not grant! 😞
0 Likes
mohamed_mohie_
Apprentice
Options
I didn't need pattern to reset ,you can try power off/on instead of reset.
Also reset to factory settings shouldn't delete your personal data just the settings .
Also after I reset my mobile I received software update I think related to this bug
0 Likes
Clavelyn
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I've experienced this since yesterday.  My pattern isn't working anymore when it's the only pattern I used eversince I got this phone (note 8).

Good thing iris detection is still working so I can still open my phone. However, I can't restart it as it will ask for pattern which is not working now. 

How can I resolve this? Why is this happening?

0 Likes
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

It just happened to me again.... exactly same situation, I had to use again the Find My Samsung to unlock&remove security, and then already unlocked, reboot it so I can set again new protections.

Arghh.... why would this happen?

0 Likes
Naktin
Journeyman
Options

It happens because of the new logic behind the pattern most probably. I believe the issue is that your password overlaps at some point - previously, the same dot was recorded several times - with the update, one dot is recorded only one time.

Meaning, when you have set your password with an overlapping dot, after the update, your template password becomes incorrect as it is not possible to overlap the dot again.

I would suggest using a pin or password instead of a template, at least for now.

Matt35
First Poster
Options

So my issue today - loaded a pattern pin onto the phone to starting using that as my thumb print was annoying me.  The pattern loaded fine.  But now you simply cant join the dots.  If you try to complete the pattern it simply jumps to another dot as if you havent selected the first dot in the pattern sequence, registering it as an incomplete pattern.  I reset the phone believing software was bugged and now im completely locked out of the phone entirely.  I cant remote back up.  I cant remote unlock, I cant even remote erase data!  I cant even get into recovery mode via volume up + Bixby button.  Phone has entirely become unusable.

0 Likes
LucasFD
Student
Options

Hi! I have the same issue on my Galaxy note 8 but here, unfortunately, Remote Unlock is Off. I still can unlock it by figerprint but a cannot turn Remote Unlock On without the correct pattern. My phone also has the lock on the Initialization. Can you help me?

0 Likes
Naktin
Journeyman
Options
I believe you should be able to do a factory reset through the Find my phone - this was the only way I was able to access my phone. I was lucky that I kept most of my information in the cloud, though I believe not everyone will be so lucky.
0 Likes