cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 21-03-2018 08:16 AM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@BaxteruK

Welcome to the forum Baxter and your knowledge of Samsung's will be very valuable to alot of users on here I'm sure. ☺

BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

@John4Ohwrote:

@BaxteruK

Welcome to the forum Baxter and your knowledge of Samsung's will be very valuable to alot of users on here I'm sure. ☺

I will try to post as much as possible and provide as much information as i can with any issues people are having. 

:smileyhappy:

Starz12
Explorer
Options

I'm glad to meet you. I am really happy with my s8 with I only got around 5 months ago. I did try to hold out for the s9 though. I haze recently received the Oreo update and do like it. I have noticed that I didn't get all the features that I should have but I suppose that is down to the carrier putting their own spin on things. I also noticed that my font on the home screen isn't as clear as it used to be. It's slightly blurry. It's only affecting the home screen though. Everything else is nice and clear. I thought it was my eyes. It's looks like you have had a night on the tiles even though I haven't been any any where. Lol.
I just wished Samsung would send out there updates quicker than they do. This one I admit has been quicker than previous updates. Some I have had to wait almost two years and then i was updating phone! Unfortunately we can't all always update to the newest model. I also wished that Samsung would being back removable batteries. I'm a heavy user and this would be a godsend to me. I do have problems with the sd card though. I have moved
Photos to sd card. Then I caught view them. Hopefully with Oreo this would have been sorted out. I also have had problems with my bt app and goggle movie play apps saying that they cat play as screen is insecure. I dingy understand this as I have all the security updates and have screen locks on. Both referred me back to Samsung.
Again hopefully this Oreo update may have rectified this.
Kind regards
Sue

BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

@Starz12wrote:
I'm glad to meet you. I am really happy with my s8 with I only got around 5 months ago. I did try to hold out for the s9 though. I haze recently received the Oreo update and do like it. I have noticed that I didn't get all the features that I should have but I suppose that is down to the carrier putting their own spin on things. I also noticed that my font on the home screen isn't as clear as it used to be. It's slightly blurry. It's only affecting the home screen though. Everything else is nice and clear. I thought it was my eyes. It's looks like you have had a night on the tiles even though I haven't been any any where. Lol.
I just wished Samsung would send out there updates quicker than they do. This one I admit has been quicker than previous updates. Some I have had to wait almost two years and then i was updating phone! Unfortunately we can't all always update to the newest model. I also wished that Samsung would being back removable batteries. I'm a heavy user and this would be a godsend to me. I do have problems with the sd card though. I have moved
Photos to sd card. Then I caught view them. Hopefully with Oreo this would have been sorted out. I also have had problems with my bt app and goggle movie play apps saying that they cat play as screen is insecure. I dingy understand this as I have all the security updates and have screen locks on. Both referred me back to Samsung.
Again hopefully this Oreo update may have rectified this.
Kind regards
Sye

Good to meet you Sue. 

The Oreo update on the S8 was postponed for a number of months due to users discovering issues with their device after the update. I believe this update has now been pushed out since Goggle changed some 

of the update so the issues would no longer persist. 

In term's of the Removable battery's i don't believe Samsung will ever bring this back 

the reason for this is because the Water Resistance rating would be lower. The unit's are Sealed 

so the phone can be classed as water resistance. 

I'm not sure why your writing on the home screen is faded. If you can create a post 

with a screen shot i will try to see if i can find a resolution for you. 

Regards

Baxter

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@BaxteruKwrote:

@John4Ohwrote:

@BaxteruK

I will try to post as much as possible and provide as much information as i can with any issues people are having. 

:smileyhappy:

Excellent! Enjoy yourself around the forums buddy. ☺

Malidan
Apprentice
Options
Hi
I picked up my Note 8 in Nov and this is my first Samsung since the Note 2 and it feels great to be back.
Kayleigh_Jane
First Poster
Options
Hi! I'm Kayleigh, I love Samsung and always have for the last three years x
I have my own business but would love to work with Samsung part time alongside my business, being unemployed can really drive you up the wall! X

My hobbies are the usual, seeing films with the other half, having fun with my friends and spending time with family!
Ordinary-User
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

Porter2000
Student
Options
Hi I'm Gordon wishing everybody well
Loveyourenemy
Student
Options
Hi All,