Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 24/11/17 11:59)
AntS
Options
Samsung Lounge

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

(LOL. And I love that RyanM's introduction thread for me was liked by someone called @Anonymous User. Oosh! :keithlemon: )

556 REPLIES 556
AntS
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi @John4Oh and @Troop3r! :robothappy:

Simon44
Options
Samsung Lounge
Hi i just received an email from samsung congratulating me on my new fridge.
I havent bought a fridge !
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Samsung Lounge

@Simon44: Well, that's your Christmas surprise spoiled. :robotsad:

It's definitely odd. Any Samsung products you've bought recently?

0 Likes
richje100
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hello from Wales.  First Samsung after switching from apple. Been an iPhone fanboy for years so finally taken the plunge on the note 8. Great phone and glad I did. 

amokuk
Voyager
Options
Samsung Lounge

hi ants,

pehaps you or someone from samsung could reply to the blue planet 2 no samsung thread.  its being watched by over 1000 people and i would have thought is quite damaging for you.

Conflictedpuppy
First Poster
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hello I am New to Samsung, recent iPhone junkie lol. I can say that I am In love with my Samsung plus 8, The health functions and total control is amazing and reassuring. I love video games and have ps4 so feel free to add me she-she21limits. Major anime/manga lover, big Edgar Allen Poe fan just love all his work. Anything else you would like to know just ask. 

DaveC1968
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi I'm Dave. I'm almost 50 (in just over 2 months) and my first phone was a Nokia/Mobira Cityman 1320 TACS way back in 1987, which by my calculations is 30 years ago and when I was proud to be a Yuppy!!!

Since that time I've had a selection of Nokia/ Sony Ericson and Motorola phones right upto the Nokia E61 smart phone, when I switched to an iPhone 3GS in 2010. Since that time, I've had a succession of iPhones upto and including a 6s+ (and required iWatch) which I replaced with an Galaxy S8 last November and a Gear S3 Classic watch for this Christmas (Actually two weeks before! 😉).

Work wise, I've had mostly non-descript and basic Nokia/ Sony Ericsson phones, Samsung flip, motorola flip etc, followed by a Blackberry Curve. My current work phone, is a Samsung Galaxy Note4, which does all I need and is still going strong. 

Tablet wise, I've owned a no-make Android tablet that lasted a whole week! Replaced by an iPad1 3G, iPad Mini2 WiFi, Microsoft Surface with keyboard and a Samsung Tab S2 WiFi, which I've now had for a year or so.

I've been on the internet since dial up and I'm into photography. I currently own a Canon 35mm SLR and Canon DSLR and I love walking in both North Wales and the Cairngorms National Park. I've probably missed out a lot about me, but that just about sums it up!

Kimgiffiths19
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi there & welcome :-).

You say that you're having problems with the stock Samsung keyboard. 

Have you tried "Swiftkey" which is available in the Play store?

It's a great keyboard for swiping...probably the best. (Plus you can change up the look of it with different themes too).

😊✌🏼

Kimgiffiths19
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge
Try "Swiftkey" from the play store.
It's a brilliant keyboard if you're into swiping (probably the best), plus you can keep it fresh by adding different themes too).
Enjoy 🙂
DawnNuttella
Observer
Options
Samsung Lounge
Hi
Kingchris100
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge
Hi dawn x
0 Likes
Karen11
Observer
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hello I am new to this any hints 

AntS
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hello and welcome to the new folks in this thread! :robothappy:

@Karen11: Are you new to Samsung or the whole internet messageboard/community experience?

JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Samsung Lounge

Welcome to everyone who has joined the community lately, I'm just an ordinary member  :smileyhappy:   

@Karen11  basically the Samsung community is a place where customers share their experiences and help each other.  You may have queries about products/services or suggestions for others.  Feel free to read posts and contibute, topics are divided into sub sections relating to Tv/Audio, Smartphones/Tablets, , Cameras/IT , Home Appliances and Community Rules/News.  If you have any questions Mods such as  @AntS  (don't think he'll mind me saying so)  and other members will assist.   There is a help section https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/help/faqpage

Kingchris100
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge
Hi Karen how's you x
0 Likes
01Tonyc02
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Lounge

hello everybody my name is Tony i just got an s9+ n just say what a brilliant phone it is !!!

Kingchris100
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi Tony 1 word #jelous

0 Likes
01Tonyc02
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Lounge

hi well us an amazing phone my only moan is that you cant recird youre phone calls because of samsung restrctions mmm ok 

0 Likes
Karen11
Observer
Options
Samsung Lounge

What's happening 

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi im The Wall Re Pink Floyd.

Im a loyal royal fan (not royal family) the football royals of berkshire. I have Samsumg S8 Note a non working S4 and S2. 32"" Samsumg tv samsung sd cards ssd etc etc. Samsung stuff is just reliable. 

Although im still gutted about the S4. Its stuck on boot up. Im sure its a software issue or like rom. I used it for gaming b4 i got my S8. So i use S8 and Note 4. If it was possible to speed up the Note 4 it would be better than S8. Note 4 really was a damm good fone. Anyway gtg. I did ask community about Google Newsstand running fast and smooth to slow and juddery. What causes this? A device maintenance solves this but only for a period of time? And its the difference of 99% and a full 100% help

sean7
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge
Hi everyone. I had a samsung phone now since the s3 days. Really impressed with the s9