Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

(Topic created on: 11-07-2019 03:10 PM)
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options

My phone updated on 22/04/2019 and since this date my bluetooth will not connect to anything.

I first tried with my fitbit, a charge 2. It pops up on the screen saying 'connected charge 2' and then 'disconnected charge 2' after about 15-30 seconds. If I try to sync the fitbit through the app a few times, it comes up saying there is a bluetooth issue and to reset bluetooth, but when I press this it doesn't make any difference. I thought it was the fitbit but it won't connect to my satnav either. For this it keeps popping up telling me to put in the password - it then tries to connect and says it can't. 

I spoke to a guy on the live chat who guided me through clearing my cache and data on bluetooth, and reseting all network connections. However nothing seems to work. Any ideas? 

129 REPLIES 129
KellieP
First Poster
Options

My A8 is doing the same thing with my Fitbit Alta, wireless headphones and my car. I called Samsung. Guy told me it could take anywhere from a month to 2 years to fix the bug. He told me to try factory resetting phone and that MAY work.

0 Likes
Kakeeway
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this. I uninstalled the Fitbit app and restarted my phone and bluetooth worked again! Might be the solution. Unfortunate though that I can no longer have my Fitbit connected to my phone.

0 Likes
Cc9
First Poster
Options

Hi all 

I've just been having issues not connecting bluetooth to Fitbit charge 2 

But I've managed I put phone into aeroplane mode for a few minutes then hey presto I finally got Fitbit to connect 

Good luck ps I have tried everything else 

Cleared cache 

Reset all network connections 

Turning bluetooth on and off

Reset Fitbit 

Phone on and off 

Updates all up to date 

0 Likes
Emma94
First Poster
Options

Same issue. 

Samsung A8 is new.

I got my Fitbit Alta a month ago. My new phone will not sync with the fitbit OR any other bluetooth devices.  

0 Likes
DJViking
First Poster
Options

Has there been any progress om fixing this? I just set up my brand new Samsung A8 and it will not find any Bluetooth devices. My old phone (Huawei) finds my new phone in an instant.

The Android 9 Bluetooth Settings shows no indication that it is doing a scan, unlike my old phone on Android 7.

Turning Bluetooth off/on does not help.

0 Likes
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options

I previously contacted fitbit directly as Samsung wasn't helping and bluetooth works with everything else.

They asked me to send over screenshots. I left it a while and then when I went to take screenshots it actually synced! This happened for about a week or so and now this is not working again. I went through their troubleshooting steps and this involved unpairing the device, now I cant re-connect it at all. It comes up saying they have found the device and the code, I type this in and it tries to conenct for several minutes before failing. During this my phone will give me several notifcations of 'connect to charge 2' then 'disconnected'. As my bluetooth works fine with my speakers and car, I am thinking that it is the fitbit itself or the fitbit app. 

0 Likes
DJViking
First Poster
Options

If I clear cache of the Blueetoth system apps, then turn Bluetooth off/on it is able to scan and find devices. When I try to pair with my Fitbit Charge 2 it fails and then searching for devices stop working.

0 Likes
KellieP
First Poster
Options

There was another update for samsung. Since that update, I am now able to pair with my car but still unable to connect with my fit bit.

0 Likes
DJViking
First Poster
Options
I managed to pair my A8 wirh my Kenwood car stereo. First attempt failed, but I got it paired on the second try. Then I got rhe option to add it to Trusted Devices. Still no luck with my Fitbit Charge 2.
0 Likes
Litt13bit3
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy a8 which was paired up with the bluetooth in my car it was working good but now it connects but the sound is on my phone not the radio 

0 Likes