Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 12:14 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Horluwaseun
First Poster
Options
Not solving the issue sir ,I tried every option on the list
0 Likes
adainair
Apprentice
Options

I am send my A70 to service before 10 days and after calling them they are say me to need to change charging board (waiting board ), all in all only way to fix this problem is to visit service.

Good luck sorry for bad English

0 Likes
FaisalA70
First Poster
Options

I have some problem......what is the solution?

0 Likes
ALUCARD27
First Poster
Options

the service will refused everything and they will charge you for nothing i been there they said all device has water damage inside which was no truth.the problem cant be solved i think 

0 Likes
Hardyb31
Pioneer
Options

Follow the battery drain post

0 Likes
TheGaspode
First Poster
Options

Tried the power down to 0%, charge up to 100% and leave charging longer thing.

Doesn't work.

0 Likes
LeonardoA70
First Poster
Options
My problem disappeared just as it appeared. Without notification for 2 days.
0 Likes
Dawn29
First Poster
Options

This started out of the blue on my phone last Wednesday,  thankfully I found this group and tried all the fixes, except factory reset or taking it back under warranty,  none of the fixes worked! With xmas approaching I didn't want to be without my phone, so decided as annoying as it is to sit it out. On Sunday I noticed an improvement and by Monday problem gone ! Not sure what's going on or if it will come back but for now, I'm happy, so dont do anything drastic folks ! Try sit it out 

0 Likes
LeonardoA70
First Poster
Options

On Saturday after trying several fixes I decided to run out of battery and charge with another charger, since then I had no more problems. Which leads me to believe that the problem is the original charger that comes with the phone, I am in doubt to test charge it again and the problem comes back.

0 Likes
Horluwaseun
First Poster
Options

Hello guys, I just got my phone fixed, took it to a local shop and had my charging flex change, problem now gone though the follow come charger does not charge the phone anymore but am happy my misery has been to an end

0 Likes