Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whatsapp and Gear S after android pie not working

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 11:11 PM)
Jrs418
Apprentice
Options

After updating my Galaxy S9+ to android pie (9) whatsapp notification doesnt make sound or vibrate and if i notice there is one it just blank "Just whatsapp logo and black screen" cant see who or what in that msg in the watch.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43
Adyp72
Voyager
Options

Hello,

Unfortunately Samsung doesn't care about people who have older smartwatches,they just want to send newer models.I did so,I changed my Gear s2 neo to Galaxy watch and now it works great!

0 Likes
Adyp72
Voyager
Options

You're so right but unfortunately we are so insignificant for Samsung :((

0 Likes
Link2005Pro
Apprentice
Options

It's been a long time with those issues with our old Galaxy Gear 1 & 2 that were working just PREFECT with Oreo, we could read all the notifications, preview all Whatsapp messages, e-mail, everything, now, the watch only says, CHECK YOUR PHONE, What's going ON!!!! Why Samsung isn't doing anything with this BIG ISSUE!!! I know there are LOTS OF PEOPLE with their old watches going SOOOO SAD!! about updating their phones to Android  Pie 9.

Adyp72
Voyager
Options

Samsung wants you to buy a new watch,I was forced to do that because I use whatsapp very much at work so I bought a Galaxy watch and it works fine!

0 Likes
LeonardoRobles
Apprentice
Options

After updating my Galaxy S9+ to android pie (9) and now android 10, WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business and Telegran notification (sound and vibrate is working) still msg blank, there is nothing but WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business and Telegran icon and 3 dot ( replay to xxx, mark as read and clear)  "Just logo of WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business and Telegran and black screen" cant see who or what in that msg in the watch.

evi10
Apprentice
Options
I'd love to know if you found a solution
Adyp72
Voyager
Options

Hello,

I didn't find any solution for my Gear s2 neo,so I bought a Galaxy watch 46mm and now it's working great!

Bye!

0 Likes
Pipiland
First Poster
Options

Good news,

My Galaxy Wearable APP (V 2.2.30.20031361) was uptade yesterday, and now everything is back to normal. Whatsapp msg are no longer blanck. 

0 Likes
evi10
Apprentice
Options

It finally works

How much I waited for that

Now is the perfect watch 🤩🤩🤩

Link2005Pro
Apprentice
Options

Seriously???

I'm restoring right now my gear to try a fresh installation, because I turned it on and it's still not working. 

I let you know, because I have that Version for Gakaxy Wearable. 

0 Likes