Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterproof watch active 2 is not!

(Topic created on: 04-06-2022 04:02 PM)
Tawnyowl68
Apprentice
Options
I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2 which I purchased  in September 2019.

I looked on the Samsung page to see if the watch was water resistant before I went swimming and it said it was to 5ATM. 

Unfortunately whilst in the pool it went haywire and is no longer working as water seems to have got into it. 

I have put it in rice to try and dry it out but to no avail.

If I had known this was going to happen I would not have gone in the pool with it on, but your website does say it is water resistant up to 5 ATM.

I feel angry that it is sold as water resistant which it obviously is not. I am now out of pocket due to this damage and i am looking to yourselves for reimbursement or replacement.

I have always been careful with the watch and it has had a cover on to protect it from knocks since I bought it. 

I await your advices.

Thank you

Lynn Dewhirst
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Chlorine in pools and salt in sea water will affect technology.
As you can see in the link below. There are certain restrictions to the water resistance the watch is rated for as well.

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/mobile-devices/is-the-galaxy-watch-active2-water-and-dust-...

Personally I'd keep technology out of water, especially if it has chlorine in it or salty sea water.
Options
Did you do the water lock on the watch before going into the pool, from the main screen pull down from the top..scroll through and press the water droplets to lock. Then press and hold in the bottom button to release any water...
0 Likes
Yas1320
Navigator
Options
I have the same issue. I'm really disappointed? If it says it's waterproof to 5ATM it should live up to it. We're now without a watch and the warranty has run out.
0 Likes
Tawnyowl68
Apprentice
Options
I won't buy another Samsung watch as feel it was false advertising as on the website it says its ok to go swimming, but when I lodged a complaint they said it was my fault for going into a pool! I bought a garmin instead.
0 Likes
DavidColblin
First Poster
Options

My active 2 went crazy when swimming. No one could repair, a total letdown and deception from false advertising. If swimming is not advised, why are there two swimming activities in the workout menu?? 

0 Likes
Dojo77
Student
Options
Same with mine. Although have swam a few times today it just went weird and then died. Had water lock on too. Am now looking for a new watch that I can swim regularly with and as samsung watches are not compatible with the weight loss app I use anyway am looking to move away from the brand.
0 Likes
Bjarne2
First Poster
Options

Samme issue, but have not use the watch swimming. Only normalt use. Can not be consideret waterproff. Watch from januar 2023. No garanti, as it was water in the watch.

0 Likes
pbsully07
Student
Options
I had 2 samsung Galaxy active 2 watches, and both failed after going swimming. Samsung is falsely advertising this watch as a product that you can wear whilst swimming. There's even a swimming monitor app on the watch.I will also be buying Garmin in future.
0 Likes