Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 - Inactivity routines

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 11:52 AM)
Bel1983
Explorer
Options

I had the watch3 and if I was inactive for a while it would nudge me and then give me some stretches to choose from. 

This seems to have disappeared with the 4. I have inactivity reminders on and it shows me a little grey dude stretching, but that's it. I don't have the option to choose any stretches or activity to get me back on track. 
Also, despite having a bigger screen, my watch3 used to display a lot more info following a notification. With the 4 it just says show on phone, a lot, which seems like a cop out and bypasses most of why I wanted the 4. 

Does anyone know if they've removed the activity things or if it's just an issue with my watch please? Thanks :smiling-face:
23 REPLIES 23
SwissCheese
Apprentice
Options

Glad it worked for you. I just read again through Madusmacus' message about the on watch update of Samsung Health. Under settings > apps > Samsung app updates, I only get the message that this app was not available anymore or not supported in my country or on my device (I live in Switzerland)... That's really bizarre, I wonder if that could be the reason for the issues. But this morning I had turned off the notification and then turned it on again, and just when I was checking the Wearables app and opened Samsung Health from it, suddenly the inactivity routine showed up and I could choose between the 3 different activities! Maybe the timing was coincidentally and it worked because of the turn off/turn on this morning. I'll have to see if it still works later on or goes back to the big picture of the grey man... Let's cross fingers it finally works, otherwise I'll ask for an exchange. 

vibonacci
First Poster
Options

Did you also figure out how to change the time before it gives such a notification? Or is it really hardcoded to around ~50 min?

0 Likes
SwissCheese
Apprentice
Options

This is hardcoded to 50 min and I don't believe it can be changed, at least I don't know of. It's even written in small letters below the according setting under "Samsung Health", when checking it on the watch. 

0 Likes
vibonacci
First Poster
Options

That is really really unfortunate imo.  This should really have some options: at least 1h, 2h, 4h.

0 Likes