Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 - Inactivity routines

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 11:52 AM)
Bel1983
Explorer
Options

I had the watch3 and if I was inactive for a while it would nudge me and then give me some stretches to choose from. 

This seems to have disappeared with the 4. I have inactivity reminders on and it shows me a little grey dude stretching, but that's it. I don't have the option to choose any stretches or activity to get me back on track. 
Also, despite having a bigger screen, my watch3 used to display a lot more info following a notification. With the 4 it just says show on phone, a lot, which seems like a cop out and bypasses most of why I wanted the 4. 

Does anyone know if they've removed the activity things or if it's just an issue with my watch please? Thanks :smiling-face:
23 REPLIES 23
Seelendrache
Explorer
Options

Is it a watch update ? 

0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

@SeelendracheDaveA1 was talking about a watch app update "Samsung health"

Setting->Apps->Samsung App updates

this showed it wanted to update the on watch part of samsung health (large update)

I am now turning hints back on, to test the lockup has gone but wil take a few prompts

If the grey guy has gone does not lockup it moved to the "choose activity" i use (if i can) torso twists

ill report back later

Mac

0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

Wow health updated finished

i turned on samsung health app notification of inactivity back on and it instantly asked me 

"time to get moving" [try a streatch?]

pressed that and got choice of what to d o i chose torso twist 

all good so far but it could lockup again

bblater

Update: torso twist now counts double so you ahve to count yourself - pppffft :¬)

Update2: still no FW update as probmmised 
I guess people whose name is mac from the UK are not high priority - hehehe

0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
That's great thanks. I've just checked mine and there is no update available according to mine. Hopefully its just a bit later to come.out.
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

Ok i have just had my 2nd inactivity reminder working ok now

0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

Ok after update worked for 3 times then 4th and 5th buzzz but you get a black screen and i realy mean black screen yo cant wake it up using taps on the screen buttons wake the watch up but removes the inactivity poke

oh well jsut my 2C

and oi! where my FW update crazy peeps :¬)

0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
My inactivity bumps seem to be working now, which is good.
What's the fw update?
0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

Latest Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series update

September 10, 2021: Samsung is rolling out another patch for both Galaxy Watch 4 series models (h/t SamMobile). The update, which brings firmware version R8xxXXU1BUI5 and weighs in ~160MB, brings improvements to the touch bezel on the Galaxy Watch 4 and improved system stability to both models.

I dont have this yet but it get here one xmas :¬) im stuck on BUH9 the previous one 

I dont think its important FW so pffft :¬)

0 Likes
SwissCheese
Apprentice
Options

Has the software update (for the smartwatch) solved the issue for anyone here? I installed the update from 22 September, and it worked like 2 or 3 times, but then that stupid grey man reappeared and I couldn't select any activity anymore. It's driving me crazy! How difficult can it be to solve this problem with a software update? I set my smartwatch back to factory settings twice - let's not even talk about the annoyingly time-consuming connection process with a smartphone other than Samsung - and once did not even restore all the settings, apps etc. from my account just to make sure the problem was not lying there... Man, I wonder when Samsung is finally doing something about it!

And yes, it had also been working normal at the beginning, just as with my first Galaxy Active Watch before, probably until the first FW update.

So if anyone has a solution that worked for him/her, I'd be grateful for any hints 👍

0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
The update worked for mine. No issues since then.. sorry it hasn't worked for you.
0 Likes