Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 - Inactivity routines

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 01:04 PM)
Bel1983
Explorer
Options

I had the watch3 and if I was inactive for a while it would nudge me and then give me some stretches to choose from. 

This seems to have disappeared with the 4. I have inactivity reminders on and it shows me a little grey dude stretching, but that's it. I don't have the option to choose any stretches or activity to get me back on track. 
Also, despite having a bigger screen, my watch3 used to display a lot more info following a notification. With the 4 it just says show on phone, a lot, which seems like a cop out and bypasses most of why I wanted the 4. 

Does anyone know if they've removed the activity things or if it's just an issue with my watch please? Thanks :smiling-face:
23 REPLIES 23
DaveA1
Navigator
Options
On the watch, access settings, then Samsung Health, then Notification then you should see a setting for inactive time alerts.
0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
I get the alerts, but don't get the exercises I used to get. It's just a little guy not doing anything.
0 Likes
Seelendrache
Explorer
Options

Hi there the same here. My watch also show the guy that is doing nothing. I think this is a bug

0 Likes
Chris_I
Apprentice
Options
I get the same thing. I get the inactivity alert, screen shows a grey character but doesn't give me the option of choosing any excercise. Feature worked when I first had my Watch4 but seems to have stopped working since the recent software update.
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
That's good to know that it did work.. as mine never has. I'll try restarting my watch and see what happens.
0 Likes
Seelendrache
Explorer
Options

Restarted the watch. Reset to factory settings. No luck. It seems hat qs is again not present at Samsung and they don't care. 

0 Likes
DaveA1
Navigator
Options
There's been an update to Samsung Health on my watch this morning, seems to be working fine now with stretches offered.
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

The grey dude is indication the hint app has crashed and locked up
I have reported this here before but god knows why
Galaxy Watch 4 - My UK Bad Problems So Far - Samsung Community

the only solution is factory reset but it re-occures in a day or two

UK here I dont evben get FW updates that others get I should have know better

:¬)

0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

@DaveA1 thanks for the heads up i have updated and will turn the inactivity thing back on and keep all appendages crossed :¬)

wow this is a large update heheh
taking along while

0 Likes