Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch4 exercise tracking stops automatically

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 10:17 PM)
Ninjabean
Student
Options

I updated my watch4 and wear app a couple of days ago and went for a run today. I started a run manually on the watch and had my note8 phone in my pocket.

During my 20min run I got 3 notifications on my watch saying it automatically detected that I was running. Each time I switched to manual tracking. After the run it showed 4 workouts at varying lengths of time. The first 2 were only 2 and a half minutes long. And the second 2 were 6 and a half minutes long. The time stamps seem to imply that each workout started right after the other, almost like the current workout ended automatically and then auto detect kicked in.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix?

SmartSelect_20220216-111509_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111550_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111603_Samsung Health.jpg

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
samehsameh
Explorer
Options

none.

0 Likes
samehsameh
Explorer
Options

Factory reset and start as new or Factory reset and then restore from backup?

Edit: Nevermind, i see someone else asked the same question and you already replied. No delete button for posts though.

0 Likes
SJPerdue
Student
Options

Hello. Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm so frustrated! Every 2.5 minutes my run activity is stopped and "this workout was too short to record pops up!" Appreciate any help. Thanks!

d3c509b
First Poster
Options

same problem, looking for solution

Deezhohn
Apprentice
Options

I turned off "Auto-Pause" and mine is working again. Not sure if it's the same fix for everyone but luckily mine is back in business.

0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

Wouldnt "Auto pause off"  include paused data, squewing the analysis?

how do they always manage to screw their softare up :¬(

im trying to use "always on" watch face. so that the workout screen is always showing
might bypass the background app fail fiasco

Members_R1JGYKq
First Poster
Options

Have same issue while running. Will try next time by disabling the autopose

Members_pjRZgVW
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. Here is what i found out so far:

- Disabeling Auto-Pause does not fix the issue. I did a 10km/1hr run, and it turned off 6 times. I tried to disable auto-pause after it happened mid-run, and if happened again afterwards.

- In the app Settings (on the Phone!) for Samsung Health, i find the Option "Allow background activity" (my free translation from german, might be different regarding the specific wording) and it is disabled and greyed out, so that you cannot enable it.

- In the App setting (on the watch itself) under Apps -> App Permissions -> Samsung Health i found the setting "remove permissions if app is not used" (again, free translation, so actual wording may differ). It was disabled. I think this applies to GPS position aswell, so maybe if the screen does not activate for too long the app counts as "running in the background" and looses its gps permissions and this triggers the closure of the workout..

I havent testet theory 3 yet. Will post update if it helps. 

Anyone already tried this?

0 Likes
Deezhohn
Apprentice
Options

Huge bummer. My watch took another update yesterday. Did yours? I am wondering if they got a fix in.

0 Likes
Members_pjRZgVW
Apprentice
Options

So far I got not new update since the last big one, which introduced the issue for me.

0 Likes