Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch3 GPS not working?

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 11:56 AM)
Brandon9
Student
Options

I have a Samsung Watch3 and I would like to verify that the device's GPS is working. I tried testing with apps like "Quick GPS position" and it does show position, but only if the watch is connected to the phone (as I understand the watch is using the location from the phone). When moving outdoors without the phone connection, the app does not show the position - it is stuck on "Acquiring Position". I have checked that GPS is enabled in settings and set to "GPS" or "GPS and wireless networks".

Do you have any recommendation on how one can test that GPS sensor in the watch is actually working? Should I try another app? Is it possible to do so by connecting the watch to Tizen Studio in debug mode?

Thanks for any hints!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PAD
Pioneer
Options
Try the walking or running exercise. If working you'll get a map of your route.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
PAD
Pioneer
Options
Try the walking or running exercise. If working you'll get a map of your route.
0 Likes
Brandon9
Student
Options

Thanks @PAD for your answer! Indeed the SHealth app manages to get the GPS signal (green location icon) and the path is recorded correctly.

However all other apps that I have tried so far (Quick GPS Position, GPS View,...) fail to get the position information. It is understandable for companion apps (which use phone's GPS position), but seems like an issue for the standalone apps. If anyone has any experience with this, your input is welcome! Thanks!

0 Likes