Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Active screen blackout after swim

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 09:02 PM)
Thegorm
Apprentice
Options

Hello

Hoping you can help. I turned on waterlock mode  and went for a swim today with family so just a leisurely pool swim. After I got out I turned off water lock mode and as I did the screen went green, flickered and looked like it had shorted out. The phone still vibrates when I receive messages or it charges but the screen remains blank. I love this watch and bought it partly because it is supposed to be capable of being used for swimming. Please don't tell me it doesn't do what it says on the box!? Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Hannahs
First Poster
Options
I also bought my watch for swimming. I haven't tested it yet but this has got me worried!? Samsung?
Thegorm
Apprentice
Options

Has been fine before but for some reason didn't react as it should have yesterday. Watch now completely died. No life even after charging. Loved it upto this point but now totally unimpressed. Still no reply from Samsung!

Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It sounds like water damage. even tho it should be water proof. Contact the shop where you bouhgt it instead of samsung.

0 Likes
Mn72doug
First Poster
Options

Something similar happened to me yesterday after swimming. I still get vibrations with some notifications and at other times my phone says the watch is disconnected. I've had this watch for over 2 years and it's been a great run but I guess it is time for a new one. 

0 Likes
lzy
First Poster
Options

I’ve face the same issue! after swimming I disabled the Water Lock mode. The watch was just change screens himself lie somebody was controlling it remotely.
The next day the touch was not reacting. Only physically buttons works!
I hope we will fix it. I have Galay watch Active 2 Model SM-R820 and it’s so strange. 😡😡
I’ve bought that watch last year and I still have warranty.

0 Likes
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Same thing happened to me yesterday after a short swim. Was under the "30minutes" Samsung says is ok. Tried rebooting after it was died overnight but display won't stay on. 

Did you get it working?

Thinking I may take it in the bestbuy to repair...or get a new one...and never get it wet again!

0 Likes
Thegorm
Apprentice
Options

No. Sadly it didn't see life again. It was just over a year old and Samsung showed no interest considering it died from water damage so really wasn't waterproof. 

I did buy another but got a longer warranty this time and will just put it to the water test during this period!

nisham
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me. Mine just stopped working after a it ran out of charge once. It is not powering up anymore. Unluckily no Samsung around the world provides support for products bought in the Maldives. Samsung malaysia refuse to provide any support. My dealer says they do not repair watches. So I am left high and dry. Definitely, not choosing a samsung again next time. I previously had a Garmin and it died of just "old age". True to their words.

0 Likes