Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 Classic

(Topic created on: 24-08-2023 01:01 PM)
Shah120
First Poster
Options
I've upgraded from watch 3 classic but noticed watch 6 classic wear OS only allows apps from Google play store.

I used Samsung store for all watch apps and faces and had more range.

I'm struggling to install the Ring Doorbell app onto my Watch 6. Has anyone successfully been able to download Samsung store apps or install Ring app on this watch?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I have a 5 pro which is on the same software as the 6 classic. The new watches now use Google store and are not compatible with the galaxy store so unfortunately anything with galaxy store will be lost. As for ring doorbell I have added my doorbell to the smart things app which then let's you use the doorbell on the watch.
Shah120
First Poster
Options
Thanks, I will try the Smart things option. It's a shame as the galaxy store had some amazing watch faces and apps for the watch. I hope Samsung can link it back to their gear app in the near future.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shah120 Yes  it is to do with the different os, watch 3 classic used the Tizen system whilst  from watch 4 onwards Wear Os  was deployed.  Some of the differences shown here https://www.androidcentral.com/tizen-vs-wear-os-    You should be fine with Smart Things.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I agree with the watches faces for sure I do find though that there is alot more app support through Google yea the smart things is great. Bit slow on the first load up but then it's fine.
0 Likes