Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 classic memory

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 04:40 PM)
Ginsing64
Helping Hand
Options
I will never understand why Samsung has such a small memory in their watches, compared to the 32GB of apple watches. Considering the amount of information, data, music and photos that people have access to today. 

I don't see why there isn't an option for a larger memory if you wanted one. Baffling why you'd.have a fantastic Watch and give it such a limited.amount of memory. Most of which is taken up. with the operating system. Its not as if your making room for a huge battery.

Hardly any additional data added
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ginsing64     Fair point and  the storage should increase in the future with the demand being there for it,8 GB was initial offering in early days mind you.  How3ever the point was made that Apple watches were only promising 18 hours Battery life compared to 40 for the Galaxy Watch 6.  Customer experience though does tend to vary.

Speculation that there could be a new new 3nm chipset for the Galaxy Watch 7 Series which would make it much more efficient, however remains to be seen if this will prove accurate but should certainly be improvements.https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-watch-7- 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ginsing64
Helping Hand
Options
I appreciate that previously the memory was poor 8gb and said the same then. But given these watches are used for fitness etc. Music takes a large portion of memory, Spotify it does.go on especially as apps are increasing. I just think its short sighted