Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro - Message history

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 09:53 PM)
VereftSwift
First Poster
Options

I just set up my Watch 5 Pro today, connected to an S22 Ultra. Everything works except for one major thing: Message history.

I use Samsung Messages on the phone and can see all of my sent and received text messages, but on the watch I only have message history from the point the watch has been set up.

I can see all of my call history/logs from my phone on the watch (using the Samsung Phone app on both), so why isn't the message history also syncing to the watch?

It's incredibly disconcerting having to go through contacts to message someone and "start again".

I switched to Google Messages on the watch (which forces me to switch to Google Messages on the phone) and I can see all the text message history that is on my phone, so it's definitely possible. I prefer the Samsung Messages UI though, and it should really work out of the box if it's their own app.

How do I transfer my phone's message history to the watch? Is there a way or do we have to wait for Samsung to fix it on their end?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sms messages aren't even backed up using smartswitch, my guess there is no plan to make that a thing.

I could be completely wrong but I don't think so

I prefer Google messages myself
0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Samsung is moving to using Google messages, I'd say in a few moths Samsung Messages will disappear totally. Google is default on OneUI5 already.

So, just use Google Messages.
0 Likes