02-09-2022 02:16 AM in
Just picked up the Galaxy watch 5 Pro LTE 44mm. Booted it up and went through setup. Connected to Telstra. Installed just one application being Spotify and that's it. Connected it via Bluetooth to my car to test on the way home.
Hit a cellular dead spot while driving. Watch instantly went into over heat mode and shut down all applications. 3 minutes later release control. 4 minutes after that back into over heat mode.
Where I live that makes the watch unusable as that is the way I drive home... How have they not fixed this it was a problem over a year ago.
14-09-2022 05:14 AM in
This is the recent reply I got for sending in the logs. What a joke the reply is ha
In a nut shell dont use the apps on lte and make sure u have a good signal. Dont recall the apple watch suffering this many issues.
As advised by our Research and Development Team, the following troubleshooting steps willresolve the issue:
1. Turning off unnecessary apps and background data may be helpful (ex. remote connection).
2. Please check the antenna bars frequently to see if the environment you use is weak or not, it is recommended that you use Bluetooth paring because the main usability is connected to the cellular phone.
3. When the watch is hot right after the booting, please don't use. Just cool down a little and then make a use.
4. Do not hold an external metal frame during a call. If possible, please test wearing wrist. (Antenna performance was tuned with wrist condition.)
Cool-down control of watch
1st : Cooldown mode // Stop all apps, airplane mode on, emergency watchface (only emergency call available)
2nd : Shut down // Watch power off
Kind Regards, Steve
Samsung Members Team
05-10-2022 05:38 PM - last edited 05-10-2022 05:41 PM
02-01-2023 10:50 PM in
3. Minute phone call with my mother and disconnects and overheats and turns off. As much as I spent for the 5 pro it's going back immediately. When I talked to them on the phone, then being US cellular they make it sound like this is this is the 1st they've heard of this issue . Yeah I'm sure they're not surprised after I read all this.
10-07-2023 03:30 PM in
Samsung is a Joke i have a Watch 4 collecting dust cause of this issue was about to pick up the 5 thinking they fixed it but who was i kidding. Went to Samsung flagship store in the mall and they had no clue as always, at least i saved a fellow customer from making the same mistake he heard me put the watch down and walked out. Anyway thank you Samsung for making up my mind on going back to Apple Samsung should be ashamed to put out a ***** product like this. APPLE WATCH AND ECO SYSTEM FOR THE WIN
10-07-2023 03:44 PM in
They always play stupid especially the clueless employees at the store, why is it i have to school them on their own product they are getting paid to sell and know nothing about. Samsung put me on the payroll cause your retail employees are garbage.