Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro LTE - overheating again......!!!

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 02:16 AM)
semsunguser77
Journeyman
Options

Just picked up the Galaxy watch 5 Pro LTE 44mm. Booted it up and went through setup. Connected to Telstra. Installed just one application being Spotify and that's it. Connected it via Bluetooth to my car to test on the way home.

Hit a cellular dead spot while driving. Watch instantly went into over heat mode and shut down all applications. 3 minutes later release control. 4 minutes after that back into over heat mode. 

Where I live that makes the watch unusable as that is the way I drive home... How have they not fixed this it was a problem over a year ago. 

6 REPLIES 6
jotace85
Apprentice
Options

I sent my Watch 4 LTE back because of this issue and I'm thinking about sending my Watch 5 Pro LTE back because of this issue. It goes flight mode constantly.

0 Likes
semsunguser77
Journeyman
Options

This is the recent reply I got for sending in the logs. What a joke the reply is ha

In a nut shell dont use the apps on lte and make sure u have a good signal. Dont recall the apple watch suffering this many issues.

----

As advised by our Research and Development Team, the following troubleshooting steps willresolve the issue:

1. Turning off unnecessary apps and background data may be helpful (ex. remote connection).
2. Please check the antenna bars frequently to see if the environment you use is weak or not, it is recommended that you use Bluetooth paring because the main usability is connected to the cellular phone.
3. When the watch is hot right after the booting, please don't use. Just cool down a little and then make a use.
4. Do not hold an external metal frame during a call. If possible, please test wearing wrist. (Antenna performance was tuned with wrist condition.)

Cool-down control of watch
1st : Cooldown mode // Stop all apps, airplane mode on, emergency watchface (only emergency call available)
2nd : Shut down // Watch power off

Kind Regards, Steve
Samsung Members Team

0 Likes
ScottStr01
Apprentice
Options
All samsung LTE stand alone smartwatch's have the same problem, easy fix, don't buy a samsung LTE watch and advise everyone else not to buy until samsung get their act together and fix this major issue, samsung have had mine in their shop 5 times to fix this and it has still never worked without overheating, the smartwatch is now a regular watch as it's all it's good for, and try to get your money back from them and see how that goes.
0 Likes
Oldsoul
First Poster
Options

3. Minute phone call with my mother and disconnects and overheats and turns off. As much as I spent for the 5 pro it's going back immediately. When I talked to them on the phone, then being US cellular they make it sound like this is this is the 1st they've heard of this issue . Yeah I'm sure they're not surprised after I read all this.

0 Likes
jingenito
First Poster
Options

Samsung is a Joke i have a Watch 4 collecting dust cause of this issue was about to pick up the 5 thinking they fixed it but who was i kidding.  Went to Samsung flagship store in the mall and they had no clue as always, at least i saved a fellow customer from making the same mistake he heard me put the watch down and walked out.  Anyway thank you Samsung for making up my mind on going back to Apple Samsung should be ashamed to put out a ***** product like this.  APPLE WATCH AND ECO SYSTEM FOR THE WIN

0 Likes
jingenito
First Poster
Options

They always play stupid especially the clueless employees at the store, why is it i have to school them on their own product they are getting paid to sell and know nothing about.  Samsung put me on the payroll cause your retail employees are garbage.   

0 Likes