Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro golf edition

(Topic created on: 30-07-2023 09:16 PM)
Renwah
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having issues with the main golf app crashing and not allowing to use it?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I own a watch 5 Pro...but not with the golf edition.

I have been looking into the use of the smartcaddie app... but I have yet to subscribe.

There are a number of reviews on the play store that also suffer similar issue to you with the use of smartcaddie.

I think you should consider raising a bug with the smartcaddie team if you see regular issues.

https://golfwith.golfzon.com/smartcaddie

Personally I was considering to install and evaluate smartcaddie... but perhaps based upon the reviews from others I may look at other options.

I would be interested to hear any feedback from the use of smartcaddie... and how well it actually works with the watch 5 pro.

Kind regards
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Mlt2
Apprentice
Options

Yep. Just tied to use it, says PLAY and screen frozen, crashes out after about 20seconds

Renwah
Journeyman
Options
I had a reply from the guys who make the app and apparently they are working to get an update sorted to fix the bugs
Mlt2
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I did email them.

0 Likes
Jhawk007
Student
Options

I am having the same issue couldn't use the watch at all for golf super frustrating

Jhawk007
Student
Options

What do we need to do to get uodate?

0 Likes
Renwah
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I had my club championship this weekend and it decided not to work 😡 I think its just wait until they fix the problem annoyingly
0 Likes
Mlt2
Apprentice
Options

Beyond annoying. I also have a special event coming up and can't use it?

Back to my Garmin, works perfect. No it can't answer calls, but gives me notifications, health tracking and can go 14 days without a charge. You listening Samsung? This app just lost a watch 6 customer and probably alot more more since I was only interested in it for golf and connection to my Samsung phone and blood pressure readings.... Oh wait, you advertised it to do that too but it still doesn't work in the US?

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

So it seems that the smartcaddie app is not working so well just now.   

I do believe that there is another app called 18birdies that has really good reviews on the store and with users.  It seems like the WearOS watch app is also a free subscription (sometimes that is a premium feature).   

There is also a subscription 'premium option' for various smart caddy features and additions... but not needed for standard use.

https://18birdies.com/

I have GPS built into my Motocaddy trolley, but i don't always take it out.  I  am tempted to give this free version a try.   If i do, I may make a number of comparisons for distance accuracy around my home course between my trolley and 18birdies app ... just to see how good the 18 birdies is.  

p.s. I have no association and I am not endorsing the app... just interested in the positive reviews and giving it a try.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite