Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 Pro Back button issue

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 07:20 PM)
Webstad
Student
Options
Does anyone else have issues with their watch 4 back button?

After the most recent watch update my back button no longer functions as a back button, I've had to swipe from the side of the screen to go back in apps.

I can go into settings and change it from "Go to previous screen" to "Show recent apps" and it functions then however when changing it back to "Go to previous screen" it does nothing... On any app...

Tried turning off and on and all the usual bits and bobs (sent error report to Samsung just now as well).

Watch software: R895FXXU1GVH1
One UI ver: 4.5
Wear OS ver: 3.5
3 REPLIES 3
tomicdd
First Poster
Options

For me, for the same problem, issue was gboard application. When it's installed back button doesn't work. If you have it, try to uninstall it and try again. 

Pranay Dutt
First Poster
Options
  1. To recheck i also tried to pause and resume my walking activity by pressing and holding it and it worked.
  2. I just uninstalled gboard and the button is now functions as a back button 👍
0 Likes
Webstad
Student
Options
Mine now works as it's supposed to. Latest update and a simple off and on of the device worked for me.

Although saying that it didn't work straight away, after about 10-15 mins and it started to work.
0 Likes