Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 LTE over heating

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 07:51 PM)
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My watch 4  44mm LTE arrived yesterday, it is a very nice watch but when I go for walk without my phone and have like LTE connection + BT earbuds with music stored on the device playing + HR monitoring and GPS from the samsung sport app it shows an overheating message every couple of minutes and goes airplane mode until it cools down.

Has anybody noticed the same issue? I purchased the LTE version in order to run on the coutryside without my phone but it is unusable.

If there is no fix I will probably return the watch.

22 REPLIES 22
Stephmaister
Apprentice
Options

I thought they Fixed it on their last update but after playing some music on my watch it shut down with heated message, very annoying, i bought the lte for it's independency but i see it's useless, hope it will get fixed....again 😞

0 Likes
SURYA PEDDI
First Poster
Options

WATCH COOLING !!

"Watch may slow down , pause or dim the screen until it ..."

My watch 4 classic LTE goes into this mode frequently and then goes into emergency mode and the watch doesn't respond well. Its like almost dead. Happened twice in the last 10 minutes. All watch updates done to the latest. This issue happened while I am indoors. Only LTE is turned on. No bluetooth , No Wi-fi , No GPS , No NFC turned on. 

After 10 minutes it said " Watch cooled down" and restored back into normal mode, not sure how long or when it will go back in to frozen mode.

Samsung !! Please resolve this ASAP. 

0 Likes
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

As of today even after my new Watch 4 LTE update I still have the same issue.

I attempted to make a phone call (I have great signal coverage) and in less ryan a minute the call ended and my watch had overheated.

The Samsung Watch 4 LTE is garbage! If they havent fixed the issue by now after many complaints (it has been months), they probably won't.

I'm cutting my losses and not investing in their products anymore.  I'm going the Apple route as of today.

Things we own...

2 -Samsung S20 Ultra phones

1 -Samsung Watch 4 LTE

2 -Samsung S7 Tablets 8GB RAM 512GB storage

1 -Samsung 55" TV.

0 Likes