Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4. Will 4G solve all my syncing problems

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 08:31 PM)
BrianTheElder
Apprentice
Options

I have had a Fitbit Bluetooth watch that has been a big pain for me, constantly losing Bluetooth connection. My problem is, I don't keep my mobile with me at all times. If I am away for a minute or two, the BT connection is lost and the app hangs. Maybe the Fitbit app, maybe the phone, maybe a Bluetooth "feature", maybe because I have so many Bluetooth gadgets. Fitbit's solution - laughably, uninstall and reinstall the app.  Fine, it works, but is that the best they can do? And who wants to do that incessantly?

My question - if I get a Watch 4 4G, will I have to keep resyncing it? My thought is that it will always be connected by WiFi and I can forget about Bluetooth.

Only drawback I can see is battery life. Must be 24 hours to work for me.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

With the watch 4 4G the watch is still paired via Bluetooth. When it loose BT connection with the phone it turns on 4G and connects to the phone via internet, so that you still get your notifications on the watch, when you get back close to the phone it reconnects via bluetooth, it's seamless with my Galaxy S10!

0 Likes
BrianTheElder
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that reply.  My problem is that when the Fitbitwatch loses sync, the Fitbit app on my phone has outdated info and won't update when back in range.  Or anything else really, it just freezes at the last readings until reinstalled.  It sounds like a much better arrangement with the Samsung gear.  I am not particularly concerned about notifications on the watch, I just want the mobile app to show correct data.

Any comments on the battery life?

Any comments on a good mobile , as I will have to get a Samsung mobile as well?

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I've got a watch 3 lte on vodaphone , the only annoying thing about notifications is that as soon as I'm out of range of my phone I get the same notifications repeated on my watch as I've seen on my phone , really bugs me
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes