Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Gear S3 as a heart rate monitor when using the S Health phone app

(Topic created on: 12-10-2017 01:46 PM)
thesoundone
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've been using S health on my S7 to monitor workouts on my cycle rollers. I have connected my Ant + speed and cadence sensors to the phone app but I would also love to use the HR monitor on the S3 and have that integrate onto the workout stats on the phone. 

Is this possibly? If not, why?

Cheers

Jim

17 REPLIES 17
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for providing us with all these examples. can you confirm if you have the phone and/or the watch selected on the Samsung Health app? You can find more about this on this page. 

0 Likes
WirelessCH
Apprentice
Options

Hi TessM,

I have "Count all steps" selected under the step counter.

Tangentially - Not sure if relevant, but I also have the HR measurement set to "Continuous" on the watch.

Cheers :smiling-face:

0 Likes
WirelessCH
Apprentice
Options
Any further updates on this @TessM ?
cgarcia16
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I think you have been very clear about the issue.

I have the exact problem.

There must be a solution. We are not asking for a space x expedition technology. We need our devices (from the same company) interchange information.

I hope we have some answers

0 Likes
MartyZ
First Poster
Options

Well, I just took up cycling and noticed the exact same thing. If enabling the cycling work out on my Galaxy S3, then everything works fine. But I wanted to use my Phone (Galaxy S20 Ultra) as a cycling computer, and when enabling the cycling workout on my phone, it will not pull the HR from my either my galaxy S3 or my galaxy fit 2. WHY SAMSUNG?

This is not the first issue I have had with Samsung, but it will most definitely be my last. Samsung, if you don't fix this easily fixable bug, I am NEVER buying another samsung device again, period. I have had enough of your extreme lack of customer service. This particular thread has been open for 3 years and you have not fixed it yet? Seriously?

0 Likes
deschokker
Apprentice
Options

Best choice I've made last year was buying a Garmin watch which has ANT+ on it, it also can broadcast the heart rate.

0 Likes
Whipnet
Apprentice
Options

2021 and no fix?  Still no HR data when cycling from phone app.  Sigh.

0 Likes
vijay11
Student
Options

2023 August and its still the same. I am surprised how a simple issue has not been addressed for almost 6 years now! wow!

0 Likes