Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking step while pushing stroller

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 08:49 AM)
AimeeV
Apprentice
Options

I've been noticing that when I go for a walk and push my baby in the stroller, my Active 2 does not detect the steps. Anyone else have this issue or know a way around it?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ayybforty
Apprentice
Options
Try push the stroller with the arm that doesn't have the watch on, leaving the other arm free will equate to step movement. Steps are counted by the pendulum motion of your arms.
0 Likes
JSAH1978
First Poster
Options
I noticed this too and there are a couple of suggestions on this

1. Ensure your step count is on your phone. Even if you have your phone and watch walking normally it does not double count (I.e taking 10 steps with your watch and phone, should be 10 steps not 20). If no steps are indicated on your watch, but they are on your phone, they should sync when you go into the app. Ensure that you select to count all steps.

I.e

You start you walk
watch and phone say 1000 steps

you push pram for 1000 steps
your watch may say 1000, but your phone say 2000.

After the walk with your pram, it should sync back when you go into the app.

(The same thing for the Samsung e fit, however the true count will show on phone, not e fit.)

2. Tie the watch to your belt loop, handbag or a lanyard around your neck. It does not work if you tie to stroller

hope this helps
Amy151
Journeyman
Options
yes its really annoying. I literally don't go anywhere without pushing a pram so my step count has gone from 15-20,000 between 3,000-5,000 😭
0 Likes