Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim Tracking Not Working - No Lap Count or Times

(Topic created on: 29-01-2020 12:57 AM)
Miker69
Explorer
Options

My Gear Sport was uncannily accurate at tracking swim laps, split times, and strokes up until about a week ago. As of about 1-2 weeks ago - about the time I noticed that my watch had clearly experienced a software "update" because the appearance of many of my screens was clearly different than before. . . - my Sport doesn't count a single lap in swimming mode. Nothing. The timer starts, but it just runs continuously until I stop swimming and manually press the Back button to stop it. Total distance and lap counts are both 0. The workout is uploaded to the Samsung Health app on my phone, but it only says that I swam for XX minutes. There is no lap data at all. 

I downloaded the Swim dot com app to my watch and phone. When I use the Swim app, my watch DOES give me a lap count with split times, etc. So, it's NOT a hardware issue with my watch. It's the "updated" Samsung software IN my watch. Software which was working perfectly well before it was "updated" a week or two ago. 

VERY ANGRY about this. Samsung needs to figure this out and revert the software to whatever it was previously - when it worked! 

12 REPLIES 12
Spewy
Explorer
Options

I'm pleased to report that I received an update to my Active 2 last week and Samsung have finally fixed the problem and the watch now tracks lengths perfectly. 

Took a long time but they came through in the end. 

Miker69
Explorer
Options

That's great! Unfortunately, I've been using Swim.com for so long now that I've really gotten to where I like it better and won't be going back to the Samsung tracker. 

ArvidsE
First Poster
Options

Finally got back in the pool in December 2023. Swam with no issues. Then swam on Monday Jan 15th, 2023 and only the clock worked. No laps. Swam again on Friday once again I started the app and only clock showed up. I know I had 72 laps yet it showed 0.  Trust me counting  laps is not fun. But for a 300 lb 62 year old male i keep pushing myself. Before the pandemic I did 144 laps every  morning which is 2 miles. How can I fix this on my Samsung Sport Watch. I downloaded the Swim.com  but I can not find how to pair it to the watch. Any and all help will be appreciated. We will be back in the pool in the morning. Before the pandemic never ever had an issue. I love this watch I can dive, snorkel and it takes the pressure. The new watches out in the stores are so pricey that I may just go back to a clicker to count laps if I lose count. TIA 

0 Likes