Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava App Quitting Unexpectedly

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 08:46 AM)
davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options

Just recently, in the last month or so, the Strava app on my Galaxy Watch Active has been quitting out for no apperent reason. I'll start an "Outdoor Walk" activity just outside my house and it can take quite few seconds for a pace to appear (use to be almost instant before). I'll check the watch a few hundred metres later and the watch is on the clock face with the little Strava icon at the 6 o'clock position. Why I try using the Recent Apps option to go back into Strava, Strava re-starts. This is really frustrating as I'm losing activities.

11 REPLIES 11
KB81
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, Strava crashing and not recording runs happened multiple times now. I have reinstalled strava on the watch but to no avail, still happening.Not sure if it strava or watch?

i have disabled other app notifications in the past but this doesn't fix it this time.

had a lot of issues recently with the watch... spotify and strava...  Its happened after an update.

Which is the whole reason i got the watch in the first place! Garmin Fenix is back on the cards.

Bob-Blainey
First Poster
Options

I am in the same boat here. Uninstalled and re-installed twice. Using Galaxy health linked to strava at the moment.

bilgehank
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem several times. Today I said "enough is enough". I bought this watch to do this. If it will not work properly, it is better not to have the Strava application installed at all. We will know that this is not happening and we will act accordingly. I don't know if the problem is caused by Strava or Samsung but it's really annoying. Now I will only have to use Samsung health and upload gpx to Strava from it. I'm thinking of getting this watch out of my hand and moving to Garmin.

davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options
@bilgehank you don't need to manually upload the gpx file. If you connect your Samsung Health to Strava the Samsung Health activity will automatically upload to Strava.
0 Likes
davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options
It's definitely a Strava issue, unless they've fixed it since June. I uninstalled Strava when I realised you can use the Samsung Health app on you watch to track stuff. Just ensure your Samsung Health account is linked to Strava.
0 Likes
CheltD87
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue, so frustrating.  It appeared to be fixed for a time during the second half of last year, up until a few weeks ago tbh, and now it's happening again.  Tried changing the amount of time apps appear for after the screen turns off, didn't make any difference (but then it shouldn't really, as the app should still run in the background, regardless of whether it shows on the screen when you lift your wrist).  Thought it could be something to do with conflicting with the Samsung Health auto-detection, but this has always been on and again I can't see why it should make any difference.  Losing a lot of activity time here, and it's even more frustrating when trying to complete challenges!  I've resorted to using Strava on my phone, but this is not convenient and defeats the object of having Strava on my smart watch!  Needs to be sorted out!

davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options

Do yourself a favour and uninstall Strava from your watch & use the Samsung Health app. It's just as good. Just remember to link your Samsung Health to Strava.

0 Likes
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
Same issue for me. Recorded a run today and after a mile I noticed my Samsung Watch Active was on the home display with the time showing and Strava had completely stopped. At first I thought I may have caught the watch with my sleeve, so rolled them up and started Strava again. Shortly after I noticed the same had happened.

I'm in the same boat of thinking, to hell with this I'm selling the watch and getting a different one.

My last resort is to try linking Samsung Health to Strava (didn't know you can do that), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be my workaround. Otherwise, I'm buying a Garmin.
0 Likes
davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options
I've had no issues with Samsung Health on the watch and the activities then appearing on Strava.