Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sleep tracking not working over multiple Galaxy Active 1 & 2 watches

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 09:31 AM)
dj1983
Apprentice
Options

I had been using a Galaxy Active watch since Christmas and recording my sleep every night without fail. Suddenly at the beginning of March it stopped recording and saying "No Sleep Record Today". After a couple of nights I did a hard reset and it worked again for a couple of nights and then stopped again. I reset it again and it worked for two more nights then stopped. At the third reset it didn't help and still didn't record sleep.

I swapped it out for a new Galaxy Active watch. First two nights recorded sleep, then again no sleep recorded. I reset and again still no sleep. 

This time I decided it must have been a bad batch of watches so decided to exchange it for the Galaxy Active 2 watch. First two nights sleep was recorded, then no sleep. Reset the watch, cleared all the data on the galaxy wearables app and sleep was recorded for one night but the very next night no sleep recorded. 

I've called Samsung and they aren't aware of any known issues. Given I used the original for two months with no issues recording sleep and now within two and a half weeks, three different watches have all shown the same issue, there must be an issue going on but I can't seem to find someone that can advise what it is.

Has anyone else encountered this and know of a way to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
PaulPG
First Poster
Options
I've only encountered this issue when the watch sensor cannot make good contact.
0 Likes
Branislava
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue. I just started looking for solution, so far without solution

Solution
dj1983
Apprentice
Options

To anyone who has experienced this issue I have found a solution! 

I turn off Bluetooth off a night. In the morning I check the sleep and it has recorded the time asleep and awake and says connect to Bluetooth to see details. Once Bluetooth is turned on it then shows the details. I have been doing this for two weeks now and it has recorded sleep each time.

I have been playing it safe and doing this each night but I believe it actually might come down to an issue when a workout is started just after you wake up, before it has recorded the sleep as finished. I'm thinking this confuses it and results in no sleep being recorded. So the actual solution might just come down to checking the sleep before starting a work out in the morning. 

I hope this helps anyone else who was having the same issue!

oiyoooyeyooo
First Poster
Options

I have only had Samsung active 2 watch for a couple watch for a few months and am having the same issues! As much as the BT hack might work, Samsung really need to address this issue properly with an update

Alyson23
First Poster
Options

Should we really have to be turning the Bluetooth off every night just so it records our sleep when we've not had to do it before? 

MissMagee
Student
Options

I've had my active 2 watch for a yr now, no problems with my note 8.  Just upgraded to note 20 ultra and now problems.  Watch keeps saying no sleep record/information from phone??

Very annoying, because I ck use to ck my sleep history everyday.

Solution? 

I don't have time to be turning on and off Bluetooth.....

0 Likes
Solution
dj1983
Apprentice
Options

I think the issue actually came down to starting a work out in the morning before the watch had a chance to register the sleep had finished. I used to get up and work out right away... waiting until after the work out to check how my sleep had been (on the basis of wanting to gauge how rested I actually felt myself). 

Anyway... since checking the sleep first... or not working out right after waking up, it seems to have been fine. So I believe this is the solution. 

0 Likes
MissMagee
Student
Options

I do ck it as soon as I wake up and I don't work out lol. So that's not a solution for me.

0 Likes
Spud68
First Poster
Options
My classic has just done the same thing , although says i've had an hours sleep for last 2 nights , worked perfect for las 2 months ?
0 Likes