Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch avg resting rate

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 12:53 AM)
Smudger51
Explorer
Options
Should I be getting an avg resting rate every night on my Samsung health? Only had 1 in a week.
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Smudger51: Please can you confirm the model number of the watch you're using? In the meantime, try heading to the Samsung Health app > Settings > Measurements > Heart Rate, and select Every 10 minutes while still. With this option enabled, your heart rate will be measured every 10 minutes while resting.  

0 Likes
Smudger51
Explorer
Options
I've got that setting, and it's tracking the HR, but it's not calculating the average at the end of the day. It's a Galaxy R805F I think?
0 Likes
Benji96
Voyager
Options

To be honest, I'm having a rather difficult time following your request. What do you mean by "average"? The watch doesn't show any average heart rate anywhere outside of a workout.
If you mean the resting heart rate indicated by a blue dot in the (in mine, and a lot of people's eyes, useless) min-max-graphs, that's just a value (of which I have actually no idea when or how exactly it takes them) that is supposed to show your resting heart rate on that given day. Usually, any fitness tracker or smartwatch with heart rate measurement actually takes the value in the time between you waking up and getting out of bed, or shortly before going to sleep while lying in bed, and the resting heart rate is an average of that. But on the Samsung wearables it's apparently not an average, and to my knowledge, it only shows up with the continuous measurement turned on. The measurement every ten minutes only takes place when you're moving very little anyway and it only measures "while still", and thus "resting".
But it doesn't show any "averages", and the ten-minute-setting doesn't show the daily resting heart rate that you're probably looking for.
As to why it sometimes doesn't show it even with continuous measurement, my guess is that it sometimes doesn't show it because it assumed that you never really rested, or because the continuous measurement got interrupted long enough on a given day (as in: It shows unreliable or no results because, like a lot of people, you might be wearing it way too loose, or it just doesn't get worn all day).
I assume that nobody will be capable of precisely telling you about the certain measurements or values besides the developers themselves, who are probably not on this forum.

Smudger51
Explorer
Options
Hi. It was the average resting HR, but I've now read in the Help that it needs to be measuring constantly, which runs the battery down, so haven't changed it.
0 Likes
Benji96
Voyager
Options

You can change it with good a conscience. Most fitness trackers have batteries much smaller than even the small Watch4 40mm and the Watch4 Classic 42mm, yet still last a week with continuous heart rate measurement without even the option to set anything besides either turning it on or off. From my experience with my Galaxy Watch SM-R800 and my current Watch4, I can guarantee you that the continuous heart rate measurement doesn't affect the battery runtime noticeably, if at all. The optical (or, in this case, opto-electrical) sensors for heart rate and stress measurement and the gyroscope and accelerometer are actually the smallest power consumers in a wearable, without even the option to disable the gyroscopes/accelerometers at all. Neither one of the three sensors affect battery runtime noticeably.

Smudger51
Explorer
Options
It's the R800 I have, and I get nearly 4 days out of it, but turned a lot of apps off it. I mainly want it for the steps and to connect to Samsung health, but was hoping for a better tracking system with a more expensive watch I guess.
0 Likes
Smudger51
Explorer
Options
Do @samsung monitor these community posts to take any action or notice?
Pamzss
Pioneer
Options
No Samsung don't bother about of customers issues here.my resting heart beat is fluctuate so much it's not right the way it was in Fitbit sense.from 54 to direct 98 !
It's not correct ,every day it's huge up n down in resting!!!!!!
me123456
First Poster
Options
Mine doesn't show up either. Chat support wasn't helpful
0 Likes