Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 6 steps not correct

(Topic created on: 26-11-2023 11:51 PM)
JHOD
Apprentice
Options

Hello all, first time smart watch owner here. Picked up the samsung galaxy watch 6 last week. I love it, but just something I noted. Sometimes the steps are continously counting on the watch and match what's on the samsung health app on the phone. Other times, the watch is not continously counting and is behind, then I open the samsung health app on the phone, and the app has the higher number, and at that time the watch then syncs and displays same count as the app on the phone. Is there something wrong or is this normal? Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
dazz84
First Poster
Options
Hi, i purchased this watch also and monitor my steps regularly and havent noticed any issue at all. Maybe your watch is lagging if you have a lot of apps constantly working plus high brightness. Thats just a guess and first thing id look at. Then look at settings for the steps tracking on watch and mobile. Hope you manage to sort it 👍
0 Likes
marnie1
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy watch 6 is horribly inaccurate. I had the watch 5 and loved it. But the 6 counts things such as washing dishes as steps. All of a sudden I have up to 4k more steps than I ever did with my previous watch. And if there was a way I could go back to my other watch I would. Just because of this. It really upsets me because it is one of my main reasons for a smart watch. I do know you have to have the watch and phone set to sync continuously. 

dipstar81
First Poster
Options

I've found that when I'm 9n my scooter it counts it as steps or when I'm driving same. So I just use the health app and activate a cycling workout or driving mode so it doesn't ad steps which you have to remember to do each time it's a pain in the bum but it's the easiest way 8ve found to get my steps accurate. But cycling workout throws out the calorie count bit if that's not a problem just do that

0 Likes
dipstar81
First Poster
Options

Try deactivate the auto workout 

0 Likes
Members_Nt7hksv
First Poster
Options

Mine is also the same, it says I have 1k steps even though I had only been walking in the house and now it says I already have 14 steps just as I was about to put it on for the first time in the day despite not using it and it being on charge for the last 2 days 

0 Likes